GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Copularity Pontest - yes, another one!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 21:11
Regular
Ok people, once the gamecube rush is over, I'll be starting a new copularity pontest for Ninty characters.
But first, I need to know what chracters should *definately* be in the copularity pontest. YOU sign up for your fave ninty characters to be in the cop. pontest in other words.
So... I'll start with Mario, Link, Issac (golden sun) and Yoshi.
Wed 15/05/02 at 21:50
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Starlight wrote:
> So long King Bowsssser!
>
> no
>
> and
>
> NO!
>
> It's so long a bowser
>
> Maybe :0)

Cobblers!

:p
Wed 15/05/02 at 21:42
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
So long King Bowsssser!

no

and

NO!

It's so long a bowser

Maybe :0)
Wed 15/05/02 at 21:17
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
doh, stupid IE cacked up!

:)
Wed 15/05/02 at 21:13
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Link - He comes to town! To SAVE the princess Zelda! Gonna put em away, so the children can play ......... yadda yadda! Gotta luv that song by the Rabbit Joint! As for Link though. Quality character. One of my fav Nintendo characters, and I CAN'T wait for the new Zelda game, and the OOT remake to come out! I wanna play ZELDA! Think I'll finally finish Majora's Mask this summer!

King Koopa (Bowser) - So long King Bowsssser! Well that's what was up for debate as to what Mario said at the end of Mario 64! It's what I think he says, but there's some fools who think differently! I hope Bowser makes his return on Gamecube! Can't quite see him making much of a scene in Mario Sunshine, unless he organised some people to grafety to town you have to go clean or something!

Iggy Koopa - Was in Mario 3 if memory servers me correctly. Was also in that GREAT cartoon version!

Yoshi - Made a few appearences in Nintendo's games now. I wouldn't be too surprised if his latest adventure on Gamecube wasn't already well underway!

Kirby - Never really played Kirby! Big silly Pink thing that eats people and steals their powers isn't he?

Wario - Wario I'm-a-number one! erm.... maybe not mate!

Toad - The unfuriating little blighter just gets everywhere doesn't he. Racing round tracks n a kart, or looming around in castles!

Zelda - Arrr the cute icle princess who also keeps getting kidnapped! LOL! Gotta luv that savin' the princess happenin's tho!

Donkey Kong - One of the greatest characters of all time! And the star of some of THE greatest platformer games of all time! Namely Donkey Kong Country! BRILLIANT game!

Sonic - eee-gods! What's this guy doing here? 'arf 'arf! Still cracks me up seeing him on a Nintendo console! mwahahahahahahahah!

Banjo - The star of one of THE greatest 3D platformers of all time. BZ was one helluva game, and kept me playing till I had found every last musical note and completed the game 100%!

Kazzoie - Banjo's other harf. Interesting story for ya. You know why Banjo had a backpak on? Cos one of the Stamper's after a trip to Japan noticed that all the kids wore backpaks, so he said that the bear HAD to have one. Then they decided what should go in it. Can't quite remember why, but they put Kazzoie in it. Some guy who worked on Banjo Kazzoie told me that!

Mario - The MAN! The LEGEND! The star of some of THE GREATEST games of ALL time! This mans a STAR! And if anyone disses him, they're gonna have to deal with me! :D

Issac (Golden Sun) - Still ain't got myself a copy of this game yet!

Diddy Kong - The cute little blighter who got his own kart racing game. And what a GREAT kart racer that was! I remember getting it for Christmas all those years ago! And it was BRILLIANT! I wanna have a go on it now, but don't have it with me! :(

Starfox - Starfox! Started out in Star Wing on the SNES. Star Wing in the UK, instead of Starfox, because there's already some game in the UK with the copywritten name Starfox or sommin' like that. It was an AMAZING SNES game, taking use of that special chip, the 3DFX chip! I've got most of the 3DFX chip games on the SNES! :D Then he progressed onto Lylat Wars on N64, in a game I didn't initially like because it was too easy. But now I think it's GREAT, and can't wait for Dino Planet and the Namco StarFox games to come out so I can play some more!

Bart Simpson - Don't have a cow man! Arrr that brings back memories! Bart Simpson and the Space Mutants! QUALITY game! I don't think I ever managed to complete it. Got right near the end, but the final level was a NIGHTMARE! I remember right near the start using that phone and reading those quality phone call jokes. BRILLIANT!

The Ice Climbers - Shamefully, never really heard of them before Smash Brothers! Oh well, can't have been that important then can they!?!

Conker - Star of an absolutely AMAZING platformer on the N64! I really hope they make a Gamecube version of Conker, because the N64 version was just soooooooo good! Bad Fur Day, also sported one of THE greatest multiplayer games of ALL time! Beach and War on the Colours level are just TOOOOOOOO good for words! Select either of those level, grab a mate, and you'll be playing for HOURS!!!

James Bond - Goldeneye on N64 is still on of THE greatest first person shooters of all time! It's quite hard to grasp how absolutely brilliant that game was/is! It kept me an my mate playing the game for MONTHS! I remember the first time a mate of mine came round my house. We sat and played that game for like 5 hrs solid! And then he went out and bought himself an N64 to, because he luved it sooo much!

Captain Falcon - Star of F-Zero, and made an apperance in Smash Brothers Melee. Not really that much of a star to be honest!

Sheik - The cross dresser from Zelda OOT! LOL!

Falco Lombardi - eee-gods! Falco from StarFox! "Help me FOX!" ok *shoot shoot* "Well I guess I should be appriciative!" yer ya bl##dy should, ya annoying thing you!

Ganondorf - Does anyone know why he keeps trying to take over Hyrule???

Mr. Game and Watch - erm... I remember actual Game and Watch's. But Mr G&W???

Jo Dark - The star of another one of the N64's GREATEST games! And yet again another Rare character! Those Rare folk really do know how to get it right, don't they!?!

Pikachu - Pikaa pika piiiii pikkacchuuu chuu cuuu piii pikk pikckkuu! Well anyways... He's an alright character. Kinda cute. I bought Pokemon Snap recently and enjoyed throwing apples at the little blighter! I want to try that Hey You Pikachu game, where you get to talk to the vicious little BEAST!

Jigglypuff - jigggglyyyy jigggglllly pufff puff! No I've never watched the cartoon! ermm..... honestly govna! ;)

Bulbasaur - Right I'm fed up with these Poke-mongs now!

Samus - arrrr good ol' Samus! A LEGEND! Super Metroid was the first game I bought for the SNES, and it was one of my favourite SNES games! It was just sooooooooooooooo good! I can't wait to see what the Gamecube versions gonna be like! Even if it's completely different to Super Metroid, I'm sure there's a GBA version coming out and that'll surely be more good ol' Metroid action!

Peach - "Gotta save the princess so Mario can get the *****! He'll **** that *** so **** Luigi!" That's songs great, but I'm sure some of you are too young to read the lyrics. MSN me, and I'll tell you the full title, cos you really should own it, because it's a GREAT Mario song! As for Peach.... another princess who keeps getting kidnapped! Had literally HOURS of my life spent on quests trying to save the little lass! But she's worth it! *cough cough*

Luigi - Star of a pretty decent Gamecube game! Tired, can't be botehrered to write much more!

Lanky kong - Was in Donkey Kong 64, and wasn't the greatest of the kongs! nuff said!

Ness - Stars in Smash Brothers Melee, and some other early Nintendo title!

phew....

Wed 15/05/02 at 21:12
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Link - He comes to town! To SAVE the princess Zelda! Gonna put em away, so the children can play ......... yadda yadda! Gotta luv that song by the Rabbit Joint! As for Link though. Quality character. One of my fav Nintendo characters, and I CAN'T wait for the new Zelda game, and the OOT remake to come out! I wanna play ZELDA! Think I'll finally finish Majora's Mask this summer!

King Koopa (Bowser) - So long King Bowsssser! Well that's what was up for debate as to what Mario said at the end of Mario 64! It's what I think he says, but there's some fools who think differently! I hope Bowser makes his return on Gamecube! Can't quite see him making much of a scene in Mario Sunshine, unless he organised some people to grafety to town you have to go clean or something!

Iggy Koopa - Was in Mario 3 if memory servers me correctly. Was also in that GREAT cartoon version!

Yoshi - Made a few appearences in Nintendo's games now. I wouldn't be too surprised if his latest adventure on Gamecube wasn't already well underway!

Kirby - Never really played Kirby! Big silly Pink thing that eats people and steals their powers isn't he?

Wario - Wario I'm-a-number one! erm.... maybe not mate!

Toad - The unfuriating little blighter just gets everywhere doesn't he. Racing round tracks n a kart, or looming around in castles!

Zelda - Arrr the cute icle princess who also keeps getting kidnapped! LOL! Gotta luv that savin' the princess happenin's tho!

Donkey Kong - One of the greatest characters of all time! And the star of some of THE greatest platformer games of all time! Namely Donkey Kong Country! BRILLIANT game!

Sonic - eee-gods! What's this guy doing here? 'arf 'arf! Still cracks me up seeing him on a Nintendo console! mwahahahahahahahah!

Banjo - The star of one of THE greatest 3D platformers of all time. BZ was one helluva game, and kept me playing till I had found every last musical note and completed the game 100%!

Kazzoie - Banjo's other harf. Interesting story for ya. You know why Banjo had a backpak on? Cos one of the Stamper's after a trip to Japan noticed that all the kids wore backpaks, so he said that the bear HAD to have one. Then they decided what should go in it. Can't quite remember why, but they put Kazzoie in it. Some guy who worked on Banjo Kazzoie told me that!

Mario - The MAN! The LEGEND! The star of some of THE GREATEST games of ALL time! This mans a STAR! And if anyone disses him, they're gonna have to deal with me! :D

Issac (Golden Sun) - Still ain't got myself a copy of this game yet!

Diddy Kong - The cute little blighter who got his own kart racing game. And what a GREAT kart racer that was! I remember getting it for Christmas all those years ago! And it was BRILLIANT! I wanna have a go on it now, but don't have it with me! :(

Starfox - Starfox! Started out in Star Wing on the SNES. Star Wing in the UK, instead of Starfox, because there's already some game in the UK with the copywritten name Starfox or sommin' like that. It was an AMAZING SNES game, taking use of that special chip, the 3DFX chip! I've got most of the 3DFX chip games on the SNES! :D Then he progressed onto Lylat Wars on N64, in a game I didn't initially like because it was too easy. But now I think it's GREAT, and can't wait for Dino Planet and the Namco StarFox games to come out so I can play some more!

Bart Simpson - Don't have a cow man! Arrr that brings back memories! Bart Simpson and the Space Mutants! QUALITY game! I don't think I ever managed to complete it. Got right near the end, but the final level was a NIGHTMARE! I remember right near the start using that phone and reading those quality phone call jokes. BRILLIANT!

The Ice Climbers - Shamefully, never really heard of them before Smash Brothers! Oh well, can't have been that important then can they!?!

Conker - Star of an absolutely AMAZING platformer on the N64! I really hope they make a Gamecube version of Conker, because the N64 version was just soooooooo good! Bad Fur Day, also sported one of THE greatest multiplayer games of ALL time! Beach and War on the Colours level are just TOOOOOOOO good for words! Select either of those level, grab a mate, and you'll be playing for HOURS!!!

James Bond - Goldeneye on N64 is still on of THE greatest first person shooters of all time! It's quite hard to grasp how absolutely brilliant that game was/is! It kept me an my mate playing the game for MONTHS! I remember the first time a mate of mine came round my house. We sat and played that game for like 5 hrs solid! And then he went out and bought himself an N64 to, because he luved it sooo much!

Captain Falcon - Star of F-Zero, and made an apperance in Smash Brothers Melee. Not really that much of a star to be honest!

Sheik - The cross dresser from Zelda OOT! LOL!

Falco Lombardi - eee-gods! Falco from StarFox! "Help me FOX!" ok *shoot shoot* "Well I guess I should be appriciative!" yer ya bl##dy should, ya annoying thing you!

Ganondorf - Does anyone know why he keeps trying to take over Hyrule???

Mr. Game and Watch - erm... I remember actual Game and Watch's. But Mr G&W???

Jo Dark - The star of another one of the N64's GREATEST games! And yet again another Rare character! Those Rare folk really do know how to get it right, don't they!?!

Pikachu - Pikaa pika piiiii pikkacchuuu chuu cuuu piii pikk pikckkuu! Well anyways... He's an alright character. Kinda cute. I bought Pokemon Snap recently and enjoyed throwing apples at the little blighter! I want to try that Hey You Pikachu game, where you get to talk to the vicious little BEAST!

Jigglypuff - jigggglyyyy jigggglllly pufff puff! No I've never watched the cartoon! ermm..... honestly govna! ;)

Bulbasaur - Right I'm fed up with these Poke-mongs now!

Samus - arrrr good ol' Samus! A LEGEND! Super Metroid was the first game I bought for the SNES, and it was one of my favourite SNES games! It was just sooooooooooooooo good! I can't wait to see what the Gamecube versions gonna be like! Even if it's completely different to Super Metroid, I'm sure there's a GBA version coming out and that'll surely be more good ol' Metroid action!

Peach - "Gotta save the princess so Mario can get the *****! He'll **** that *** so **** Luigi!" That's songs great, but I'm sure some of you are too young to read the lyrics. MSN me, and I'll tell you the full title, cos you really should own it, because it's a GREAT Mario song! As for Peach.... another princess who keeps getting kidnapped! Had literally HOURS of my life spent on quests trying to save the little lass! But she's worth it! *cough cough*

Luigi - Star of a pretty decent Gamecube game! Tired, can't be botehrered to write much more!

Lanky kong - Was in Donkey Kong 64, and wasn't the greatest of the kongs! nuff said!

Ness - Stars in Smash Brothers Melee, and some other early Nintendo title!

phew....

Sat 11/05/02 at 19:54
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Link - Seems okay sometimes. Let down by the games he stars in.
King Koopa (Bowser) - Didn't see him in the N64 game, but he's nasty on the SNES!
Iggy Koopa - Quite cute, actually
Yoshi - Ditto
Kirby - Ditto ditto
Wario - Not nice
Toad - Cute and a descent character to use in the games
Zelda - See "Link"
Donkey Kong - Great. N'uff said
Sonic - Good in ways, bad in others.
Banjo - Too babyish for my liking
Kazzoie - And her, too.
Mario - One of the best.
Issac (Golden Sun) - Golden Sun. Need I say more?
Diddy Kong - The best of the Kongs.
Starfox - Never played any games starring him, so I couldn't comment
Bart Simpson - Funny sometimes. Great chap.
The Ice Climbers - Cool! HA HA! Geddit?
Conker - Definately my favourite.
James Bond - Sometimes I get called that.
Captain Falcon - Not as good as Starfox
Sheik - Helpful. 'tis a shame he ended up in such an excuse for a game.
Falco Lombardi - Who?
Ganondorf - I feel his pain once again.
Mr. Game and Watch - I dunno
Jo Dark - Hubba hubba! *drools* Honestly, though, she could poke an eye out with jugs that pointy!
Pikachu - Don't insult me with Pokémon
Jigglypuff - Now you're going too far. . .
Bulbasaur - The cutest of the Pokes, I'll say that at least.
Samus - Who?
Peach - Mmmmm, tasty!
Luigi - Not too bright, is he?
Lanky kong - He the worst of the Kongs.
Ness - Lock him up. HA HA! Geddit? I crack me up!
Sat 11/05/02 at 19:41
Regular
"Peace Respect Punk"
Link - Which one? Detailed evidence from studying the Zelda titles, and other related things has led to the wide belief that there are about three links and something like four or five Princess Zeldas...

King Koopa (Bowser) - Evil fire breathing spiky shelled reptile dude. Fancies Princess peach... (scary visual image...)

Iggy Koopa - He was the one with the blue mohican haircut wasn't he...? Think he was in Mario Bros. 3

Yoshi - Was really good. The Yoshis Story game on N64 seems to have killed his solo carreer tho... be needs a new game starring him...

Kirby - Big pink blob... never seen the attraction really...

Wario - Haha!!! Think he drinks too much his nose is always red... best character in Mario kart 64!

Toad - Don't ya just wish you could punch him...?

Zelda - Princess of Hyrule... always in trouble with evil sorcerors and Ganon...

Donkey Kong - Was mentally scarred when Mario locked him up...

Sonic - Great character, had really good platformers, the 3D ones aren't sposed to be great, but Sonic could be awesome in the third dimension...

Banjo - Funny Bear... Kazooie was better. There were more amusing jokes involving Kazooie...

Kazzoie - Rude birdy thing... pretty cool, hot headed, spits and shi... erm, excretes, eggs.

Mario - Started by jumping over barrels and chasing a mad ape. Now he clears up oil and graffiti on tropical Islands. Talk about having a good carreer...

Issac (Golden Sun) - Dunno... Golden Sun is an RPG though, so I assume he's the main character, which means he'll be cool because it's an RPG and RPGs rock. No arguments. RPGs kick rear end.

Diddy Kong - Faster than Donkey, and was really cool (or kool...) in DK64 with a jetpack and twin guns!

Starfox - Ace pilot, his dinosaur planet adventure looks damn good too!

Bart Simpson - Comical character... ah the Simpsons... mind expanding television. And funny too.

The Ice Climbers - Sure I played their game on a pirate '100 in 1' NES game cart I got in Indonesia when I lived there cos my Dad was working out there... If I remeber right, they were in a vertical scrolling game... but I don't remember the two being connected...

Conker - The squirrel that now rules a kingdom. Stars in a hilarious game.

James Bond - Used to be good. Has he died?

Captain Falcon - Do gooder. Not as good as that Black Bull one. (The Crime Lord guy who is Falcons arch enemy...)

Sheik - Zelda in disguise. Who didn't see that one coming? Still, quite cool.

Falco Lombardi - Persuing a solo carreer... apparently. Very cocky in both Starfox games...

Ganondorf - Evil dude... wants to get Triforce and take over the world.

Mr. Game and Watch - erm...

Jo Dark - super spy woman. Quite a good shot.

Pikachu - Funny yellow rat.

Jigglypuff - He sings doesn't he...? A big pink blob... bit like Kirby then...

Bulbasaur - Planty thing. Grows stuff.

Samus - Space faring female person in super suit...

Peach - Constantly getting captured by Bowser. Bakes cakes. Rules Mushroom Kingdom.

Luigi - Sucks ghosts... (no dirty jokes thank you very much...)

Lanky kong - Is lanky... with long arms...

Ness - Beats enemies with a wide range of weapons from baseball bats and frying pans, to yo-yos and those shooty things... like Y shaped twigs with elastic between them that shoot little rocks... Cool character. His finest moment was using the 'Zombie Paper' that attracts zombies and then they stick to it! MWA HA HA!!!
Sat 11/05/02 at 18:38
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Phase two now. Now you've voted for characters to appear in the pontest, it's time to actually say what you think of them I'll start the ball rolling:

Link - used to look good... the games hes in are awesome, hes in my top 10.
King Koopa (Bowser) - a fearsome enemy, but I've always thought he was kinda goofy.
Iggy Koopa - never seen him!
Yoshi - Yay! I love this guy or whatever he is!
Kirby - a Ninty favourite, I like him too.
Wario - boo! hiss! He the villian we love to hate.
Toad - hes cool
Zelda - cute, I've only ever seen her in Smash Bros. and in the Zelda Tv show.
Donkey Kong - one cool ape. You gotta love him.
Sonic - hmmm. He's a sega character. we all secretly hate him.
Banjo - ok I suppose.
Kazzoie - ditto
Mario - the Daddy of Ninty. Hes the main man.
Issac (Golden Sun) - Yay GOLDEN SUN!!! sorry...
Diddy Kong - he's not as good as Donkey...
Starfox - he looks brilliant in his new game
Bart Simpson - this guy is at #2 after Mario. He is a genius.
The Ice Climbers - Never really played as them. Seen them in Super Smash tho.
Conker - you asked for him, so I've included him.
James Bond - With more games in the pipeline, Mr. 007 is very cool.
Captain Falcon - great
Sheik - good.
Falco Lombardi - getting bored of this now...
Ganondorf - nice
Mr. Game and Watch - very good
Jo Dark - *suddenly wakes up* wahaaay!!! shes fit!
Pikachu - *shudders* pokemon... okay...
Jigglypuff - who even wanted pokemon in here anyway???
Bulbasaur - crap
Samus - much better than pokemon
Peach - hmmm. not as nice as Jo Dark
Luigi - Yay! hes well cool
Lanky kong - yes, very nice
Ness - cool.

Thats the end people, now it's your turn!
Thu 09/05/02 at 19:53
Regular
Twain wrote:
> Which Nintendo game was Shrek in, then?

It says Sheik, he's out of Zelda.
Thu 09/05/02 at 19:52
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
the whole of the star fox team.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.