GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hands up all those who didn't get their 'Cube from Currys"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 16:57
Regular
Suckers

(Sorry SR)

Saw an advert today, they're selling 'Cubes at the normal price, £128.99, except:

They refund £10 of your deposit elsewhere if you buy it from them.

But also:

They give you £50 worth of vouchers to spend on 'Cubes games and stuff from their shops.

So, they're basically selling them at £80. What nice chaps.

Special Reserve? Your answer?
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:05
*coughs* banned *coughs*
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:04
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Phi11ip wrote:
> It's not true, well what you say isn't!
> The £50 voucheres are not like gift vouchers! They are money off
> each purchase vouchers. It will be a book of 5% of a GC contoller..
> £2 of your next game etc...
>
> You have to spend hundreds to claim the whole £50!

Oh, right. Barstewards. Sorry about that, it's not like I phoned up, seeing as I'm not even remotely interested :-)
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:02
Gamecube is class wrote:
> (i just got it today!)

Well i would like to have seen you get it last week!
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:00
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
http://luke.ac6.org/turbonutter/stuff/May03111.JPG

Digicam, can't be arsed with the scanner.
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:58
"Uzi Lover"
He is wrong with the voucher thing :-(

It's only like five pounds off etc of software bought in the shop.

I don't buy from Comet...
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:57
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
I now have a strong urge to buy a GameCube immediately.

I told myself I was going to get one for my Birthday in late June just after my GCSEs finished. After all, I have FFX, Virtua Fighter 4 and Medal of Honour: Frontline all arriving at my doorstep soon.

But I am weak! As soon as it is out, I realise how much I want one. I have the money, so I'll go into Canterbury tomorrow I think and take a look around. The chances are I won;t even find one which is probably for the best. I haven't even started revising yet. I have tried to for the last 2 weeks but I jsut can't. Haing a GC a matter of feet of away won't help matters either. But I am weak. Though I am confident that I will still do very well in my GCSEs. I will revise nearer the time, since I really will forget it if I start now anyway.

I think I'll write out when all my exams are after I come offline. Then I'll know what to revise when. First time I've ever done that.

A GC with Rogue Leader and a memory card is all I need. And that won't cost too much.
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:56
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
You're still wrong with the voucher thing!
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:54
"Uzi Lover"
*runs to find Comet online and their phone number*
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:51
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Oh, my mistake, it was Comet. Currys had the £3500 Sony mega-plug.
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:51
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It's not true, well what you say isn't!
The £50 voucheres are not like gift vouchers! They are money off each purchase vouchers. It will be a book of 5% of a GC contoller.. £2 of your next game etc...

You have to spend hundreds to claim the whole £50!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.