GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You can now win GAD with copied walkthroughs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/01/08 at 19:14
Regular
Like cheats, you're now allowed to win GADs with copy & pasted walkthroughs. The only rule is that the original creator hasn't requested that you ask permission before using it.

I didn't even know we could do this until Vexxxed said it was okay (in the WLT), so I thought I'd make this public and hopefully we can all work together and win some GADs. I'll post a walkthrough this week. You lot decide amongst yourself who'll win next week. Then hopefully we'll have a nice little system going and everyone gets a piece of the action.

Cheers.
Thu 31/01/08 at 12:36
Regular
"eat toast!"
Well, you could record it as the animecentral reruns the same 6 shows from 9pm to 6am with the last showing being the orginal with subs.

Naturally thats up to you, but i record it to be honest.

There was anime Network on propeller tv but that went off the air on janurary. Reasons aren't well known. But its folded.
Thu 31/01/08 at 12:10
"possibly impossible"
I'm an anime fan with no time to watch it!
Thu 31/01/08 at 11:00
Regular
"THFC"
Yes i agree it is easy, i post like 40 cheats, didnt win for it. I uploaded 35 the other day and they have not appeared. So it is frustrating and much easier to do a walkthrough in some sense.

But i guess all you can do it post what you believe to be good enough for a £30 voucher
Thu 31/01/08 at 10:51
Regular
Emmie87 wrote:
> how are you the only anime fan on the forum??

No ones every contradicted me so I assumed I was :)

> also are you not kind of contradicting yourself by having 3
> copied walkthroughs ready to post.
>
> It shows you do not object to the problem with copying them.
> More that you didnt know you could. Which annoyed you because
> someone won for not a lot of effort.
>
> Am i wrong?

Yep. I'm more concerned for Freeola getting in trouble than the thought of winning GADs so easily. Cheats aren't copyrighted but walkthroughs are. However if we are allowed to win GADs for posting walkthroughs as long as we give links and credits then thats fine with me. I'm sure a lot of other people will want to start posting walkthroughs me included as it's easier than posting 20+ cheats.
Thu 31/01/08 at 10:40
Regular
"THFC"
how are you the only anime fan on the forum??

also are you not kind of contradicting yourself by having 3 copied walkthroughs ready to post.

It shows you do not object to the problem with copying them. More that you didnt know you could. Which annoyed you because someone won for not a lot of effort.

Am i wrong?
Thu 31/01/08 at 10:40
Regular
awww no fair :( I had Sky for almost 10 years then when we quit it they start showing more animes and even an anime channel. Theres a dedicated anime channel in Japan, they have versions in some eastern European countries and they're hoping to expand to the UK so that'll make 2 anime channels I dont have. *sigh*
Thu 31/01/08 at 10:29
Regular
"eat toast!"
Well its on animecentral and its perhaps one of the greatest channels ever. Its so good its taken over my life. Everything seems to revolve around that channel.

Top gear on? Go to hell, i'm watching animecentral, i can watch a repeat later on.

Time to go to bed? no problem i'll stay up late or record it.

Brilliant movie i haven't seen or another episode of GITS SAC? I'll watch GITS thanks.

DAMN IT! i even have music from anime shows on radioblogclub. Gravity, steve contes living in the shell and i'm desperate to get more of the GITS OST. HELP ME!

Planetes is one of the greatest anime shows along with Cowboy bebop. Truly brilliant. A bit slow, granted, but its got so much decent meaningful stroy and morales discussed about life and space travel in general.
Thu 31/01/08 at 10:23
Regular
I'm poor, we only have freeview :( so I've not heard of this series before.
Thu 31/01/08 at 10:17
Regular
"eat toast!"
but do you watch it on AnimeCentral? If so, then the messages is just going to fall on deaths ears.
Thu 31/01/08 at 10:11
Regular
I would read it, Im the only anime fan on the forum :)

Hopefully Vexxxed will come in here and give the green light to what is and isnt allowed. If copied walkthroughs are fine then a-okay because I have 3 ready to post ^^

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.