GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"You can now win GAD with copied walkthroughs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 30/01/08 at 19:14
Regular
Like cheats, you're now allowed to win GADs with copy & pasted walkthroughs. The only rule is that the original creator hasn't requested that you ask permission before using it.

I didn't even know we could do this until Vexxxed said it was okay (in the WLT), so I thought I'd make this public and hopefully we can all work together and win some GADs. I'll post a walkthrough this week. You lot decide amongst yourself who'll win next week. Then hopefully we'll have a nice little system going and everyone gets a piece of the action.

Cheers.
Fri 01/02/08 at 08:41
Regular
"Hello?"
Fri 01/02/08 at 00:02
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
I'm going to submit all the walkthroughs from http://walkthrough.freeola.com, saves time going to other sites!
Thu 31/01/08 at 23:10
Regular
"eat toast!"
but still, best to wait for the confirmation first right? Prepare, sure but don't start until the hunt is official declared.
Thu 31/01/08 at 19:06
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
To be honest, I'm not sure I'd like someone else to take the credit for my work, but what the hell, I haven't written a walkthrough in ages. Go forth and submit, people, but don't distract me from my occasional cheat-fests!
Thu 31/01/08 at 16:40
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
I definitely think yes it's up to the staffies' discretion and what they say goes, but I can't help think that if someone did actually contact the original authors of the copied walkthroughs they would probably ask for their £30 seeing as they put the hours in.
Thu 31/01/08 at 15:17
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Garin wrote:
> *laugh*
>
> Maybe this
> link
> will help you out. ;)

:P

i don`t really know what this is all about or who copied what, so i wasn`t sure if you were involved or not, was simply erring on the side of caution and politeness.. won`t be doing that again! ;P
Thu 31/01/08 at 14:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Still gotta be on the staffies good side to win one though :-D
Thu 31/01/08 at 14:28
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
*laugh*

Maybe this link will help you out. ;)
Thu 31/01/08 at 14:24
Regular
"you've got a beard"
easy tiger, i wasn`t getting at you personally, your comment just saved me some typing ;)

it should be about earning a gad, not just lifting someone elses work.

i understand that walkthroughts are a LOT of work, so why not try and win in other ways? reviews or whatever. there are always game sites with available walkthroughs, or if you really want to do one then fair play, that`s more than worth the £30, but for a couple of mouse clicks? not so much.
Thu 31/01/08 at 14:06
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Very_Metal wrote:
> Garin wrote:
> Can we just submit the URLs? Copying and pasting sounds like an
> awful lot of work.
>
> neither of those methods is worth £30

No?

What a disappointment...maybe you can inform Freeola as well.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.