GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Another Reason to Hate Nintendo! -Luigi's Manion Rip-Off!!!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/05/02 at 13:29
Regular
I have had it with Nintendo!

First of all, the late release date of the Gamecube in Europe, then Smash Brothers is no longer a release game, then we get some pretty crappy launch games and now this!

----Begin Rant----

As many of you know Luigi's Mansion is a great game (http://www.ukreviews.com) and as many of you will also know, Luigi's Mansion is a very short game. Because of this most people will want to rent Luigi's Mansion, as they will probably finish it by the time it needs to go back.

Well guess what! Nintendo hate us so much they've stopped every game rental place in England (not sure about the rest of Europe) from renting out Luigi's Mansion so now we'll have to buy it! That really is low! I think Nintendo really need to improve their attidude towards Europe or maybe we'll stop buying Nintendo. I really think that Nintendo should wake up and see that if they keep on screwing us like this we will lose intrest in them.

I just hope in future Nintendo will stop thinking of Europe as second class, and improve their relationship with the cutomers.

----End Rant----

Thanks for reading

-Rogue
Fri 03/05/02 at 13:29
I have had it with Nintendo!

First of all, the late release date of the Gamecube in Europe, then Smash Brothers is no longer a release game, then we get some pretty crappy launch games and now this!

----Begin Rant----

As many of you know Luigi's Mansion is a great game (http://www.ukreviews.com) and as many of you will also know, Luigi's Mansion is a very short game. Because of this most people will want to rent Luigi's Mansion, as they will probably finish it by the time it needs to go back.

Well guess what! Nintendo hate us so much they've stopped every game rental place in England (not sure about the rest of Europe) from renting out Luigi's Mansion so now we'll have to buy it! That really is low! I think Nintendo really need to improve their attidude towards Europe or maybe we'll stop buying Nintendo. I really think that Nintendo should wake up and see that if they keep on screwing us like this we will lose intrest in them.

I just hope in future Nintendo will stop thinking of Europe as second class, and improve their relationship with the cutomers.

----End Rant----

Thanks for reading

-Rogue
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:48
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
first of all ... how do you know that ??? most rental shops probably haven't even started their renting gc discs yet , maybe in the next few days.
if you have been down to somewhere like blockbuster of something and they said this , then maybe your right , but it's pretty hard to believe.
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:33
Regular
Hrmmm...sounds odd, espcially seeing that Blockbuster had Luigis Mansion on the back of the GAMES magazine they publish :S (you get it free when you go to Blockbusters)
Fri 03/05/02 at 19:53
Regular
"simpsons rule"
how much is it then
Fri 03/05/02 at 22:08
Even if this is the case, Nintendo are a business after all.

And besides, you're not firced to buy it. You can always borrow it off a friend.
Fri 03/05/02 at 22:21
Regular
So it's a rip-off to spend money on a quality game that Shigeru Miyamoto put a lot of work into?
Fri 03/05/02 at 22:23
"Uzi Lover"
To me, Luigis Mansion looks like something special.
Fri 03/05/02 at 23:10
first of all, if you dont want it - dont buy it!!!
second of all, dont measure a games quality by its length. take MGS(1) for example. i finished that game in under 3hrs but its still an amazing game.

Life's a Game. Lets all just live together in happiness and play (not complain!) :).

Glucose_Addict.
Fri 03/05/02 at 23:18
"if they keep on screwing us like this we will lose intrest in them."
nintendo have been screwing us since the company's inception but we still buy the consoles as, imo, nintendo symbolises quality. to be honest nintendo dont actually need europe to stay afloat as a company. they make so much money in the US and Japan that you could forgive them for not being as enthused about europe as they are about the other two regions. having said that, i get just as 'annoyed' as you do when they show this apparent lack of enthusium (how the hell do you spell that word anyway?).

Glucose_Addict.
Sat 04/05/02 at 08:55
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Edgy wrote:
> So it's a rip-off to spend money on a quality game that Shigeru
> Miyamoto put a lot of work into?

It actually only took Nintendo (supposedly) 9 months from design to completion to make Luigi's Mansion, one of their shortest developing times ever.

Although it is a quality game, and you can probably trade it in if its that bad.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.