GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"To Chip or not to Chip"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 02/05/02 at 12:11
Regular
Do think its a good thing to chip your PS2 or a bad thing?

Also can someone tell me the actual details of how they work, the one i mainly want to know about is the Sbox external chip box, and what boot and other software or hardware you need.
Thu 02/05/02 at 12:11
Do think its a good thing to chip your PS2 or a bad thing?

Also can someone tell me the actual details of how they work, the one i mainly want to know about is the Sbox external chip box, and what boot and other software or hardware you need.
Thu 02/05/02 at 12:16
Regular
"Stud-muffin!!"
Chippin is bad man!

And get yourself a tagline. :)
Thu 02/05/02 at 12:52
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Damages the games industry. Not good

Promotes piracy. Not good

End up paying more for actual games. Not good

Could bust PS2. Not good

Don't do it basically, just shop around for the cheapest games.
Thu 02/05/02 at 13:04
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Why would you wana Chip?

if you want to do it toit only makes
Thu 02/05/02 at 13:06
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Why would you wana Chip?

if you want to do it to play pirate games

then don't because you'll only add to the

growing prices of games these days.
Thu 02/05/02 at 13:07
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
sorry about that, I accidently posted
halfway through writing the message.
Thu 02/05/02 at 14:10
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Chips and Playstations just dont go together.

All that potato just gets stuck in disc drawer and the vinegar tends to soak through to the laser and Kaputt.

No - definately keep the chips away from the PS2..
Thu 02/05/02 at 14:17
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Talking of lasers and Kaputt, has anyone used a CD/DVD cleaner before, I've just bought one on the advise of a shop assistant, he said purchase this cleaner for £15.99......don't worry, I went next door to the cheapy place a paid a quid but I was just wondering whether they're any good?
Thu 02/05/02 at 14:21
I've read somewhere that Sony strongly advise against using cd cleaning systems.
Thu 02/05/02 at 14:24
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Oops, sorry forgot to mention, it's not for my PS2 but dedicated DVD player, it's been playing up for a while now and this bloke recommended the cleaner before taking it in and paying shed load of money for them to look at.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.