GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rate this new design!!! PLZ"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 01/05/02 at 21:24
Regular
http://www.geocities.com/dareal_ali_g/xbs.htm

Its gonna be used at xboxsource.co.uk

I designed it for a mate, so wot u all think?
Wed 08/05/02 at 10:18
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Just backing up that I do have some idea what Im on about thats all :)

The banner at the top wasnt to tricky actually.

the 2 center images were carefully cut out of screenshots and reduced in size and added to a black background to blend with the black already there.

The right image is off an Xbox game pack, Halo to be precise ;)

and the Xbox logo is again of a pack. I found an Xbox font and just added the word Rules.com underneath. Very nice look for very little work. Less is more and all that :)

So in total there are 4 seperate images and a exact size as to allow most resolutions to read the site easily:

800x600
1024x768
1280x1024

and a few more.

Hope that helps.
Tue 07/05/02 at 22:25
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
GlideM wrote:
> Oh and before you ask me as well:
>
> http://www.XboxRules.com

:d that was actually a damn fine if ever I saw one, idoubt anyone expected him to ask you that :D nice one :) good site also.
Tue 07/05/02 at 21:45
Regular
"^^^New Online Arcad"
How did you make that website
+
How did u make the xbox banner at the top
Tue 07/05/02 at 12:14
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Well if you register on our forum, you can ask me easier any questions as I have little time to come here much anymore :(
Mon 06/05/02 at 21:02
thanks man, thats good criticsm, you aint slaggin me off and you are helping me at the same time, YOU Rule!

You site is well good aswell! Hopefully sumday i can make a site that gd!
Sun 05/05/02 at 19:37
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
Ive had a look, I see where you are heading and their are some nice ideas on there.

The green is far to in your face, and marquee's really shouldnt be on sites anymore, they are to ugly :)

Oh and before you ask me as well:

http://www.XboxRules.com

P:S Php is a good launguage, try others as well though like SSI (thats shtml extensions). Php and SSI are great for having multiple pages on 1 visible page making site updates and navigation much easier then say frames or manually altering each page!
Sun 05/05/02 at 15:34
wow! 2 people actually said it was ok!

Thanks guys!

Ive decided before i make my next site i am going to learn php and then spend ages making a great site, i hope.
Sun 05/05/02 at 15:30
Regular
"Brrrrr."
Very Good! Maybe slow down the Scrolling Marquee at the top?
Sat 04/05/02 at 16:41
Regular
"Bobba you"
It's ok but the green is to dark make it lighter to a real Xbox colour but other from that it's ok :)
Thu 02/05/02 at 09:09
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
I feel sorry for this guy.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.