GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gameshop staff know their stuff"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 30/04/02 at 23:00
Regular
As I was getting incredibly bored standing on the 4th floor of Debenhams in Oxford Street as my mum was happily scanting around for clothes, perfume etc I could hardly think of anything to do. The EB that was handily placed inside Debenhams provided some distraction for me..

I was starting to get restless seeing some hardcore fans playing on both the PS2 (FIFA World Cup) and X-Box (Project Gotham Racing) for the past 40 minutes as I was lifting the empty game cases from the shelves for the umpteenth time....

It was about 30 mins before the closure of the shop so I wandered towards the counter where one employee was enjoying a game of Star Wars:Rogue Squadron on a brand new shiny Gamecube. I watched for a bit and then asked the man how much the Gamcube was.He said £130. And we started talking.

We talked about the top games for teh Gamecube, release dates of various games, advantages and disadvantages of all the next-gen consoles etc. And unlike most staff in similar shop, he wasnt a gorilla-like bloke with a pea for a brain. He knew his stuff well.

I didnt know him but we talked because we both knew a lot about games and had well-based opinions.

Time passed and finally my mum showed up 15 minutes later. I said bye to the man and went back to my North London home. As I was leaving the store, I was thinking that game shops are lucky to have employees like that-who do actually care about what they do and are enthusiastic about games. They can not only give you quotes from press releases they were presented with earlier-they can give you any needed information on the games.

I then thought that we need more dedicated members of staff at gaming stores that are honest and passionate about games. People like that can save you money...And that fact alone is worth noticing....
Wed 01/05/02 at 20:22
KR wrote:
> yeh but in my EB shop they told me a dreamcast steering wheel would
> work with my PS2

GEEK ALERT GEEK ALERT someone pull the of dreamcast steering wheel works with the ps2 gag
Wed 01/05/02 at 20:20
Regular
"Bah"
KR wrote:
> yeh but in my EB shop they told me a dreamcast steering wheel would
> work with my PS2

They obviously saw you coming and thought he this kids so stupid hed believe.......
Wed 01/05/02 at 19:17
Regular
yeh but in my EB shop they told me a dreamcast steering wheel would work with my PS2
Wed 01/05/02 at 14:56
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Lol.

That one made me smile out loud !! ;-)
Wed 01/05/02 at 14:31
Yeah, Wookiee's a no table, and we're just plain old no beds. It's a strange furniture based ranking system to be sure.
Wed 01/05/02 at 14:18
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
It's amazing what you can do in your sleep - Must be why you are a Notable ! ;D
Wed 01/05/02 at 14:12
"High polygon count"
Yes, they won't let me leave.

Which is cooler...?

Having a bed at work, or...

The fact that I've been typing mostly coherent sentences in my sleep for the last 500+ days? :-)
Wed 01/05/02 at 14:10
You have a bed at work? Coooool.....
Wed 01/05/02 at 14:06
"High polygon count"
*Sits up in bed and screams*
Wed 01/05/02 at 13:17
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Yes Wookiee - it is all a dream...

EB Staff are looked up to by Gamers everywhere because of their in depth knowledge of all things game related and Arsenal are about to be relegated to the Nationwide whilst Ipswich go onto to claim their third succesive Premiership title.

Welcome to the real world :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.