GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube Rocks, X-Box Sucks!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 29/04/02 at 14:00
Regular
Some might disagree but the gamecube is the future of gaming, just look at the talent its has lined up. For starters Resident Evil, the remake (which i thought was so cheap making an old game into a new one) till i played it. what a game! one of the greatest games ever in the world. i can't get over how good the main hall looked, in the first game the main hall was very well lit, not this time, the atmosphere sets the game as it plans to go on. Also other games such as Lord of the rings and the new mario game look amazing. So what if the Xbox has halo and oddworld and the PS2 has the Next repetitive Tomb raider 6 and the upcoming smackdown 4. All those games are just the same thing over and over ageain, but games like lord of the rings and resident evil(even tho its a remake ,its sed to be twice as big, and the new mario game it's said to be amazing. so the gamecube is going to be the best and probablly already is.

Look out for the following games.

Resident Evil: Biohazard
Lord of the Rings
Zelda: from the n64
Mario
and the re-birth of TUROK
and many many more
Mon 29/04/02 at 22:38
can you guys not be honest with your selves. I gave my honest opinion, this is worse than some of the stuff i hear from the nintendo forums. just be honest I have heard lots of bad things about the X Box but i am not mentioning them.
Mon 29/04/02 at 22:23
let this pile of junk topic float to the bottom of the pile and have done, we all know which is the number 1 console and it does not contain the letters C or P in it, let it rest!
Mon 29/04/02 at 22:18
I am here in Ireland and the Cube isn't out until May but I was in Game Yesterday and I saw the Cube. Since someone ripped off the X-Box I have to say that the Cubes joypad is small and to be honest a cheap rip off of the original playstation one. I absolutely dispise Mario and all that crap. All they did was lob em all into one game throw in some carts then split em up into different games (all being the same point to each one).
The CD is absolutely tiny and three people told me that they have lost their demo disks that have been handed out in Game and really don't want to take the risk with the Cube.
A friend of mine who absolutely love the nint said the new Zelda his fav game look like a load of crap
Sorry ninties it had to be said.

X-BOX FOR LIFE AND BEYOND

Oisín
Mon 29/04/02 at 22:16
I am here in Ireland and the Cube isn't out until May but I was in Game Yesterday and I saw the Cube. Since someone ripped off the X-Box I have to say that the Cubes joypad is small and to be honest a cheap rip off of the original playstation one. I absolutely dispise Mario and all that crap. All they did was lob em all into one game throw in some carts then split em up into different games (all being the same point to each one).
The CD is absolutely tiny and three people told me that they have lost their demo disks that have been handed out in Game and really don't want to take the risk with the Cube. Sorry ninties it had to be said.

X-BOX FOR LIFE AND BEYOND

Oisín
Mon 29/04/02 at 22:16
sorry gamecube has wavebird not xbox and sorry for the typos
Mon 29/04/02 at 22:10
Ok here we go people, i am only writing this because I have had a long day and I am very bored.

I will just say about myself, I do like nintendo for many of its original features that they have developed over the years. People can not deny that ninendo did first make use analog sticks and the trigger buttons (I am dissapointed that they do not feature in the gamecube controller) But do not call me a ninty because I think this is what gives nintendo that kiddy image that I dissagree with.

I am not a fan of the typical nintendo game. It is just my preference, I find the likes of mario and Zelda boring but that is my opinion. However I still managed to find plenty more mature titles to suit my needs on the N64 and that was known for its kiddy games because of its trade marke graphics.

Any way I am going to be very honest with all of you guys even if they never listen to me again in the gamecube forum.

The X Box is the better console. There I said it and it is the truth everybody knows it but won't admit it.

But remember this was the case with the N64 and as much as i love my N64 It was a obviously not the success it deserves world wide because nintendo made many mistakes that annoyed everyone. however the GameCube is being nicknamed world wide as the anti-N64. This time round the price is cheap not like the N64 which was £300 new. and this time there are no bottle necks that saw much of the N64 power being wasted. It is now easy to program for and Nintendo are dropping all the "Dream Team" Bull S**t.

This time there is a wide range of games from the nintendo classics to the most mature titles.

I would like to point out a few thinks that everyone should consider on both sides. Ok I have mad up my mind and I will tell you all at the end but the whole point of me bothering to write this is not to persuade people to do other than they wish because then they may come looking for me if they do not like what they end up with.

1 The X box is more powerful
2 Th gap is not a big as it looks on the spec sheet
3 The gamecube is being launched at an amazing price.
4 The reduced X Box price is very tempting, with microsoft suspected of lossing £200 -£250 on each consloe i t is great value for money.
5 Games to suit every body on game cube and X Box, don't try telling me that the X Box is any more mature.
6 Nintendo get a cool gc logo but then have there main launch colour a kiddy purple.
7 The gc is far smaller and lighter but this may not bother some people.
8 The gc is the only next gen console that cound be considered portable with small/light weight and screen
9 The x box had true Dolby Digital 5.1 and game cube only has Dolby prologic 2, there is a difference if you have a good system.
10 The X Box playes DVD
11 The X Box Has a hard drive
12 X Box has wave bird (Wireless controller)
13 Gamecube will soon have the use of very lrge and small SD memory cards.
14 Currently the Games cube has far too small memory cards but this will change in a few months with the mega memory x16
15 The X boxruns 2/3 hotter than the gc this will certainly reduce its life span but how many people are bothered if a console lasts more than 6, 7 or 8 years.
16 You can get demo disks with the X Box but not with the gc I think that this is a bit tight.
17 Ready to go internet
18 Add ons are know not to be all that successful
19 gc is fully future compatable but note above

as u can see there are pros and cons with both systems, I hope I have covered most things I set out to do, there are probable a few more points I have missed and please let me know if u think this was a fair account because I hope it was. any way for what I have chosen. I was tempted by the X Box at the reduced price but i am still going for the gamecube because it is cheap and it suits my needs. I am not going into any more details because it would ruin the whole artical. I hope this was of use to u all and stopped the stupid slagging off of other consoled because they are all good. When u consider the pros and cons they both come out about the same but suited to different people.

P.s the PS2 was not included because it has been out a while every body knows about this console. It is a very good console but much is known by every true honest gamer and it has already earned its place in history but it couls be said to be of a slightly different generation.

Thankyou all for reading this and i will love to hear your views but keep it un bias like I think this is.
Mon 29/04/02 at 22:06
I wish ninties would stop getting paranoid and stay in there own fourums lol :)
Mon 29/04/02 at 18:49
Regular
oh bagger, i thought that was buggy who wrote that. soz bandit. i thought you directed it at bigman so, just ignore that. sorry again. :)
Mon 29/04/02 at 18:47
Regular
Bandit wrote:
> it's people like this MORON that give the real ninties a bad name,do
> us a favour,do the real ninties a favour, in fact do the whole of the
> console gaming world a favour and never darken our doorstep again.

thats absolute cr@p! go to the ninty forum. people respect eache others consoles. its only little kids like you who ruin the whole respect thing. moron.
Mon 29/04/02 at 17:40
my post was directed at BUGGY not THE BIGMAN ok!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.