GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"a tragic day"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 22:42
Regular
Little Jimmy had been excited all day - it was May 3rd at last! At school it had been hard to concentrate, he was so looking forward to getting home and playing on his beloved GameCube. Of course he had preordered months ago, he was certain he would get it.

The bell finally rang and Little Jimmy rushed out of school and home. He burst through his front door and looked for his package on the stairs...it wasn't there. He checked his bedroom and the kitchen, but no. He asked his mum if there had been any deliveries but there hadn't been.

He checked all around the back of the house to see if it had been put through the fence, he even looked around the front door to see if a Missed Delivery card had been left...but no.

Little Jimmy's stomach tightened. He checked his watch. it was only 4:30, it could still arive in the next hour...

He sat in front of the front door and waited, jumping up to peer out the window every time he heard a car. The minutes crawled by, dragging hours with them until it was 5:30 and Little Jimmy began to cry.

Two weeks later, Little Jimmy's GameCube arrived. It was a shame he couldn't enjoy it - he had committed suicide the week before.
Tue 30/04/02 at 21:42
m.o.t wrote:
> I hope all you lot who ordered there Gamecube at special reserve get
> it on launch day, but they proved with me that they don't care. It's
> takes 3 days to get out of the Warehouse and another 2-3 to get to
> your home!!! It's taken 1 week for my logic 3 soundstation to get out
> of there warehouse god knows when i'll get it, i just hope they don't
> do this with the Cubes. Thank-god i ordered my one at Gameplay as they
> said i will certainly get my one on Thursday or Friday!!!! :)

i got an e-mail saying:

Dear Customer,

We are pleased to inform you that the following item was despatched on
01/05/2002.

1 x NINTENDO GAMECUBE CONSOLE (PURPLE) FIRE PACK BUNDLE

Items are sent individually - so, if you have other items on order, we will
send you a separate confirmation as soon as they are despatched.

so hopefully mine should arrive on fri, as it looks like it will be despatched tommorow
Tue 30/04/02 at 21:10
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Sorry Edgy if I have offended you by writing the ending the way i did. I found it to be quite a good twist and it made be laugh, sadomasochist that i am.
Tue 30/04/02 at 18:02
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
i thought it was quite funny messiah! only cos i know that some people take computer games seriously enough to do that! well i havent orderd mine and I am probbably goin to get it after the star wars films come out so im so that way i can appricate rogue leader when i get it!
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:45
Regular
"gsybe you!"
>
> A GC would be nice at launch, but in the bigger scheme of things, it
> *is* only a console. I know I can wait for it if it doesn't show up on
> Friday. I mean, it's probably only going to be another two weeks if it
> doesn't. There are other cool things in life to fill that gap.

WHAT? Blasphemer! Stone him zealots now! - What? Who threw that? (stone hits his head)

*'Male' crowd shrieks "She did, She, Sh-HE, did sir, He did!" In an ever deepening voice.

"Right thats it - No one is to throw anything, until I've blown this whistle. Even, and i wnat to make this absoloutely clear, even if the do say 'GC is not impor--------"!!!!! Stones and a giant rock carried by a bunch of cross dressing women cuts him off!

See the movie ti in? He he he. Anyway, there are many who will not be getting a Gc at lauch, but then again THERE ARE many who WILL!

;-)
Tue 30/04/02 at 13:28
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I hope all you lot who ordered there Gamecube at special reserve get it on launch day, but they proved with me that they don't care. It's takes 3 days to get out of the Warehouse and another 2-3 to get to your home!!! It's taken 1 week for my logic 3 soundstation to get out of there warehouse god knows when i'll get it, i just hope they don't do this with the Cubes. Thank-god i ordered my one at Gameplay as they said i will certainly get my one on Thursday or Friday!!!! :)
Tue 30/04/02 at 12:33
I thought you were going to write something like

'I've got some bad news for you Jimmy, your father had a heart attack today and died. But hey, your GameCube turned up!'

A GC would be nice at launch, but in the bigger scheme of things, it *is* only a console. I know I can wait for it if it doesn't show up on Friday. I mean, it's probably only going to be another two weeks if it doesn't. There are other cool things in life to fill that gap.
Tue 30/04/02 at 06:37
Regular
Are you...feeling okay?
Mon 29/04/02 at 23:22
Regular
I thought this was sick, only cos of that suicide bit. Surely another ending would have sufficed.

Just reminded me of a girl who committed suicide (not because of gaming) in Cardiff not long ago. Believe me, suicide aint something you should joke about.
Mon 29/04/02 at 22:32
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Thats great!! Sends me to bed with a smile on my face :)

(Not the death part! Just thought it was quite funny!)
Mon 29/04/02 at 22:27
Regular
"keep your receipt"
hehe i wrote that in like two minutes. It's kind of based on myself - I preordered on March 2nd and have been constantly trying to convince myself that my Gear will come on Launch...although I kind of know in the back of my head it won't.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.