GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"is rugby a more civilised game than football?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 19:10
Regular
i was watching a rugby match today leicester tigers vs llanelli it was the first rugby match i have sat down and watched all the way through.I was quite suprised as i quite enjoyed watching the match.The one thing i was so suprised about was how friendly both fans sides were this is something you would never get at a football match.so now im going to watch rugby.Has anyone got any comments they would like to make on this?
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:10
Regular
"Who dares wins"
i was watching a rugby match today leicester tigers vs llanelli it was the first rugby match i have sat down and watched all the way through.I was quite suprised as i quite enjoyed watching the match.The one thing i was so suprised about was how friendly both fans sides were this is something you would never get at a football match.so now im going to watch rugby.Has anyone got any comments they would like to make on this?
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:28
Regular
"Bobba you"
Good post but i havent reall noticed it :)
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:35
Regular
"Who dares wins"
Do you like it then?
Mon 29/04/02 at 08:09
Regular
"simpsons rule"
i havent really noticed :D
Thu 02/05/02 at 17:29
The fans in Rugby are much better than in football but fans in football have much more desire about the game.
Fri 03/05/02 at 00:30
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
The reaper, you obviously haven't read in the papers when those guys stamp on each others heads, bite ears off, noses off, you name it, they've bitten it. Worsed thing is, this does actually happen.
Fri 03/05/02 at 18:39
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Rugby is not as civilised as Football because do English football players start a punch up in the middle of a game. I don't think so.

But what do we see in Rugby, Martin Johnsen puches the opponent square in the face and only gets a couple of matches ban and a 'heavy' fine.

If Roy Keane did that in the match he would be banned for life from European Football. But that doesn't happen in Rugby, oh no.

Rugby = Civilised i don't think so.

No doubt someone will post about the fans now. How footie fans are more violent than Rugby, but if Rugby was as popular as Football it would have crowd trouble too!
Fri 03/05/02 at 20:14
Regular
"simpsons rule"
James Pond wrote:
> Rugby is not as civilised as Football because do English football
> players start a punch up in the middle of a game. I don't think so.
>
> But what do we see in Rugby, Martin Johnsen puches the opponent square
> in the face and only gets a couple of matches ban and a 'heavy'
> fine.
>
> If Roy Keane did that in the match he would be banned for life from
> European Football. But that doesn't happen in Rugby, oh no.
>
> Rugby = Civilised i don't think so.
>
> No doubt someone will post about the fans now. How footie fans are
> more violent than Rugby, but if Rugby was as popular as Football it
> would have crowd trouble too!

well said mate :D
Sat 04/05/02 at 19:45
Regular
"Great Scott's"
Reynolds you are skating on very thin ice. If you keep quoting other people's long posts and saying a few words, you will be kicked off the system. And all your hard work will go down the big drain of Words, which is the banned list.

If you only remember two words from this post, let it be this:

STOP IT.
Sat 04/05/02 at 19:46
I've seen you around: I find you very annoying

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.