GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sonic on the PS2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 12:32
Regular
I have been loyal to the Playstation formats since they first came out in the mid-nineties having before this been devoted to the Master System, Game Gear and Mega Drive. But all these years since my Mega Drive was consigned to the scrapheap I've been pining for a spiky little blue critter who goes by the name of Sonic the Hedgehog. I know it's highly unlikely that he'll ever make an appearance on PS2, it would be like Nintendo handing over the Mario Bros., but I can but dream of once again pulling on those red sneakers to collect gold rings! It's not the same playing it on PC and I can't really afford another console for the sake of of a blue hedgehog, so are my dreams pie-in-the-sky?
Sun 28/04/02 at 12:32
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I have been loyal to the Playstation formats since they first came out in the mid-nineties having before this been devoted to the Master System, Game Gear and Mega Drive. But all these years since my Mega Drive was consigned to the scrapheap I've been pining for a spiky little blue critter who goes by the name of Sonic the Hedgehog. I know it's highly unlikely that he'll ever make an appearance on PS2, it would be like Nintendo handing over the Mario Bros., but I can but dream of once again pulling on those red sneakers to collect gold rings! It's not the same playing it on PC and I can't really afford another console for the sake of of a blue hedgehog, so are my dreams pie-in-the-sky?
Sun 28/04/02 at 12:35
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
I personally can't see Sonic and his pals coming onto the PS2. If you can afford to buy a gamecube I would suggest that becuse Sonic is on that and there are many other fun adventure games on the little cube. :)
Sun 28/04/02 at 13:11
Regular
u could always get a dreamcast for £60, that comes with sonic adventure and then u can get sonic adventure 2 for about £30.
or get a gamecube.
Sun 28/04/02 at 13:29
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Hey Legendary Link would you mind reading and replying to my poem.
:) Thanks
Sun 28/04/02 at 13:49
Regular
Sonic could appear on the PS2 but not until it is released on the GameCube i remember a while back PSW said the people who make Sonic were thinking about making it for ALL platforms.
Sun 28/04/02 at 13:52
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
If want to buy a GC or a DC then buy a GBA it has sonic on it! :)
Sun 28/04/02 at 14:10
Regular
Aparently Sonic adventure 2 aint hat good, well apparently to Gamespot.
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:07
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Thanks for all the suggestions guys. It would be really good if it did eventually come to PS2. I think it would sell really well because it was so popular for so long. Does anyone remember the Sonic Compilation Game on the Megadrive? It had Sonic 1&2 and the Mean Bean Machine on it. I would love to see a re-release of that!
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:11
Regular
i loved sonic 2 on megadrive, much beter than 3.
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:36
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Yeah, I loved the two player races in Sonic 2 but on the other hand you could save your game on Sonic 3!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.