GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Sonic on the PS2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 28/04/02 at 12:32
Regular
I have been loyal to the Playstation formats since they first came out in the mid-nineties having before this been devoted to the Master System, Game Gear and Mega Drive. But all these years since my Mega Drive was consigned to the scrapheap I've been pining for a spiky little blue critter who goes by the name of Sonic the Hedgehog. I know it's highly unlikely that he'll ever make an appearance on PS2, it would be like Nintendo handing over the Mario Bros., but I can but dream of once again pulling on those red sneakers to collect gold rings! It's not the same playing it on PC and I can't really afford another console for the sake of of a blue hedgehog, so are my dreams pie-in-the-sky?
Mon 29/04/02 at 11:15
"For the horde!!!!"
Trish wrote:
> I'm gonna have a look around to see if I can get a cheap dreamcast and
> get Sonic Adventure 1. It sounds like a great game and I'm sure
> there's plenty of people who want to get Dreamcasts off their hands!

yah i used to have sonic adventure and it isn't a bad game, i liked mario 64 better though
Sun 28/04/02 at 21:12
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I'm gonna have a look around to see if I can get a cheap dreamcast and get Sonic Adventure 1. It sounds like a great game and I'm sure there's plenty of people who want to get Dreamcasts off their hands!
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:55
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
===SONICRAV---> wrote:
> ( . )Juicy Melons( . ) wrote:
> Take back what i said about it being 3D, i meant the kind of
> graphics
> on Jak an Daxter and the Crash Bandicoot series.
>
>
> Just play Sonic Adventure (1) on the DC. Possibly the greatest Sonic
> game ever.... MASSIVE langth, 7 playable characters, dozens of bosses,
> loads of sub games- it's flawless!
>
> The sequal is terrible. Literally. It was short, slow, boring in
> parts, and lasted 2 days for me.
>
> Sonic

One flaw in this, not blaming you it's just i don't have a Dreamcast and i don't think i will be purchasing one in the future either. I doubt that there will be many new releases for the Dreamcast so that's another reason for me sticking to the PS2.
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:42
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
( . )Juicy Melons( . ) wrote:
> Take back what i said about it being 3D, i meant the kind of graphics
> on Jak an Daxter and the Crash Bandicoot series.

Just play Sonic Adventure (1) on the DC. Possibly the greatest Sonic game ever.... MASSIVE langth, 7 playable characters, dozens of bosses, loads of sub games- it's flawless!

The sequal is terrible. Literally. It was short, slow, boring in parts, and lasted 2 days for me.

Sonic
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:39
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Take back what i said about it being 3D, i meant the kind of graphics on Jak an Daxter and the Crash Bandicoot series.
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:37
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
Both Sonic and Sonic 2 were great additions to the Megadrive collection. I didn't really take to the characters of the Sonic series but the fact that the game lasted for months was the best feature of the game. Hopefully the game will be 3D though, this would make the game even greater. Also, if the new character Shadow was included in the game.
Sun 28/04/02 at 19:33
Regular
"---SOULJACKER---"
KR wrote:
> Sonic could appear on the PS2 but not until it is released on the
> GameCube i remember a while back PSW said the people who make Sonic
> were thinking about making it for ALL platforms.

It's not happening...

You see, Sonic Team have got in bed with Ninty. Not only are ST basically setting up the whole online gaming network (so they can release Phantasy Star Online), but Sonic will probably be featuring in Ninty games like Mario Kart.

Oh, and don't feel too disheartened. Sonic Adventure 2 is the biggest pile of poo I have played in a long time- short and not very sweet. If you want a sonic game buy a second hand DC (try auction sites? Perhaps you could get one for as low as £30?), and get Sonic Adventure (1). That is a definative Sonic game- Fast, Epic, plenty of bosses, scores of levels, 7 playable characters and a great story line- it really is one of the best games to come from the franchise in years.

Sonic
Sun 28/04/02 at 18:58
Regular
I would love it if Sonic came out on the PS2 as i loved the sonic games on the Megadrive and i hope they do a Knuckles game as he is ten times better than sonic and tails.
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:36
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Yeah, I loved the two player races in Sonic 2 but on the other hand you could save your game on Sonic 3!
Sun 28/04/02 at 16:11
Regular
i loved sonic 2 on megadrive, much beter than 3.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.