GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo, WHAT R U UP TO?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/04/02 at 21:48
Regular
Well I thought I was waiting for my lovely black gamecube console to be delivered on the 7th of May. But to by absolute disgust, I was e-mailed from Amazon today saying "Your black gamecube console cannot be delivered on 7th of May", WHY? because Nintendo hasn't made enough of them to go around. It's certainly not Amazons fault because they are allocated a certain amount. There is nothing more devastating when you are told your gamecube won't be ready for launch. Especially when you have been anticipating the lauch day for months to come.

It leaves me wondering why on earth Nintendo have only 50,000 available for launch day. The demand exceeds the amount of gamecubes available therefore people like me are left wondering "Oh well, I might not bother in the end, I already have my Playstation 2". This therefore creates something of a bad reputation for Nintendo because they should have anticipated demand for the console. It also leaves Nintendo with a loss of customers!. I cannot remember the amount of Playstation 2 consoles available for launch, but there were certainly more than this (But again some peoples PS2 christmas presents were still somewhat lacking!). The XBOX had more than enough too.

I'm going to have to wait yet another month until my Gamecube finally arrives at my door, I certainly hope its worth all this wait! Thanks a lot Nintendo, you "Europe lovers!".

P.S - Sorry about the temper (I think I need some anger management now)

Thanks for reading, Does anyone else agree with me?
Sun 28/04/02 at 21:32
Regular
"Its all me,me,me,me"
if i can remeber rightly there were a hell of a lot of x boxs still on the shelves at the end of launch day! in fact most of em were still on the shelves!
Sun 28/04/02 at 21:18
ive pre ordered my purple gc from EB and they seem confident they have enough! and if not i think mite cry! nintendo have prolonged the release date enough as it is!
Sun 28/04/02 at 14:45
"Mimmargh!"
Cyclone wrote:
> Were there not 500,000 consoles, not only 50,000 - Just shows how damn
> popular the 'kiddy, noncy, boring, cartoony' company that is Nintendo

Some of us like to have a break from killing random civilians and midless racing every now and then. Your opinion is far to biased, Nintendos games are very unique; which is more than I can say for PS2 (yes I have one), X-box or PC (I have one of those as well).
Sun 28/04/02 at 14:43
"Mimmargh!"
Yeah SR don't think they can get one for me on launch day due to ''Nintendo stock problems...''

All I can say is that I am annoyed and feel somewhat betrayed.
Not at SR but at Nintendo, 50,000 for launch day, and not anymore shipments for a week?! WTF are they thinking? Do they really have that less confidence in themselves.

Sorry but frankly I expect a major console company to be able to have enough consoles on launch day lol!

If I don't get one on May 3rd I will go on a rampage like Max Payne until I reach Nintendoes central office and...

Ok...calm down.
I think I have made my point.
Sun 28/04/02 at 14:34
"+ suspicious minds"
Cyclone wrote:
> Were there not 500,000 consoles, not only 50,000 - Just shows how damn
> popular the 'kiddy, noncy, boring, cartoony' company that is Nintendo

how does not enough consoles at launch make it kiddy? how? i dont understand, please explain.
Sun 28/04/02 at 14:12
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I know exactly how you feel, you have waited ages and days before the launch you here something like that!! It's not just amazon though Gameplay have also said they are hardly getting any black consoles. Hopefully {fingers crossed} i will get my purple console on launch day, i can only say well done for being so patient and it will pay off in the end!!! :)
Sun 28/04/02 at 00:28
Regular
"everyone says it"
Its not their fault they have sold out :D
Sun 28/04/02 at 00:16
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
yeah, 500,000, yet we only get 50,000 of them. Apparently France and Germany are getting loads more, how unfair!!! I bet they havnt sold out either!
Sat 27/04/02 at 23:58
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Were there not 500,000 consoles, not only 50,000 - Just shows how damn popular the 'kiddy, noncy, boring, cartoony' company that is Nintendo
Sat 27/04/02 at 22:57
Regular
Hopefully getting mine through the post from SR on launch day! Should do, considering I ordered it back in early February.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.