GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo, WHAT R U UP TO?"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/04/02 at 21:48
Regular
Well I thought I was waiting for my lovely black gamecube console to be delivered on the 7th of May. But to by absolute disgust, I was e-mailed from Amazon today saying "Your black gamecube console cannot be delivered on 7th of May", WHY? because Nintendo hasn't made enough of them to go around. It's certainly not Amazons fault because they are allocated a certain amount. There is nothing more devastating when you are told your gamecube won't be ready for launch. Especially when you have been anticipating the lauch day for months to come.

It leaves me wondering why on earth Nintendo have only 50,000 available for launch day. The demand exceeds the amount of gamecubes available therefore people like me are left wondering "Oh well, I might not bother in the end, I already have my Playstation 2". This therefore creates something of a bad reputation for Nintendo because they should have anticipated demand for the console. It also leaves Nintendo with a loss of customers!. I cannot remember the amount of Playstation 2 consoles available for launch, but there were certainly more than this (But again some peoples PS2 christmas presents were still somewhat lacking!). The XBOX had more than enough too.

I'm going to have to wait yet another month until my Gamecube finally arrives at my door, I certainly hope its worth all this wait! Thanks a lot Nintendo, you "Europe lovers!".

P.S - Sorry about the temper (I think I need some anger management now)

Thanks for reading, Does anyone else agree with me?
Sat 27/04/02 at 21:48
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Well I thought I was waiting for my lovely black gamecube console to be delivered on the 7th of May. But to by absolute disgust, I was e-mailed from Amazon today saying "Your black gamecube console cannot be delivered on 7th of May", WHY? because Nintendo hasn't made enough of them to go around. It's certainly not Amazons fault because they are allocated a certain amount. There is nothing more devastating when you are told your gamecube won't be ready for launch. Especially when you have been anticipating the lauch day for months to come.

It leaves me wondering why on earth Nintendo have only 50,000 available for launch day. The demand exceeds the amount of gamecubes available therefore people like me are left wondering "Oh well, I might not bother in the end, I already have my Playstation 2". This therefore creates something of a bad reputation for Nintendo because they should have anticipated demand for the console. It also leaves Nintendo with a loss of customers!. I cannot remember the amount of Playstation 2 consoles available for launch, but there were certainly more than this (But again some peoples PS2 christmas presents were still somewhat lacking!). The XBOX had more than enough too.

I'm going to have to wait yet another month until my Gamecube finally arrives at my door, I certainly hope its worth all this wait! Thanks a lot Nintendo, you "Europe lovers!".

P.S - Sorry about the temper (I think I need some anger management now)

Thanks for reading, Does anyone else agree with me?
Sat 27/04/02 at 21:51
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Well, SR havn't screwed up yet but theres still time.
Sat 27/04/02 at 21:56
Regular
Lol, good post. Nintendo should have learn't from the shortage of PS2s at launch and need to wake up to the demand.

Microsoft have provided enough consoles, but bearing in mind it has had poor sales.
Sat 27/04/02 at 22:01
Regular
How long ago did you order from Amazon?
Sat 27/04/02 at 22:06
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
I pre ordered it on March 16th!!! Have SR got any availble then???
Sat 27/04/02 at 22:11
Regular
March 16th?! Bloody hell, they must have had alot of pre-orders then or just not many GCs...

I ordered mine from Amazon back in early February.

SR wont be able to supply you one at launch either. Your best bet would be to try and reserve one from a high street store. Someone like Toys'r'us, Comet or Dixons...Saw Woolworths advertising a nice bundle of Gamecube + Luigi + Rogue Leader + Memory card for £200 in the paper today.
Sat 27/04/02 at 22:15
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Ive tried to pre order the offer from woolworths website, but it wont let me for some reason, thats woolworths for u! Same for comet!
Sat 27/04/02 at 22:28
Regular
Heh

I think Amazon have sold all of thier allocated GCs becasue they originally were £10 cheaper than everyone else on the market. They day Nintendo released the first price Amazon did the GC for £149.99...I think it shot straight to the top of the Amazon sales rank thingy!

Maybe you could try actually going to a shop and pre-ordering?
Sat 27/04/02 at 22:31
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
Cheers for the advice, I think I may go and ask someone in person. Are you getting your gamecube on launch day by the way?
Sat 27/04/02 at 22:56
"The pen is mightier"
I seem to remember Sony doing the same with PS2. Its just another way of creating demand, but i wonder how long the public will put up with this sort of treatment, after all - its not as if these companies are any stranger to consumer demand...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.