GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The PS3! will it be here earlier than we think?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 27/04/02 at 15:06
Regular
The rumour is that Sony may be releasing their 3rd Playstation before Easter 2004, Is this because they maight not battle well against the XBox or Gamecube. What do you think?
Tue 30/04/02 at 18:01
"For the horde!!!!"
big_slow wrote:
> i think the ps3 will be here soon, because xbox and the gamecube out
> do the ps2. especially xbox, ehich is at the same price as a ps2.

they arn't that far head and i doubt Sony have anything to worrie about with their sales, think back to PS1 vs N64 and Sony didn't release a 64 bit console then did they.
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:59
i think the ps3 will be here soon, because xbox and the gamecube out do the ps2. especially xbox, ehich is at the same price as a ps2.
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:44
"For the horde!!!!"
The_King wrote:
> I think it's safe to assume the PS2 has a good few years left in its
> life cycle yet. Although thats not to say Sony aren't working on PS3,
> prolly at a concept level at this stage though.

i bet Sony have a team working on it's developmant as we speak but if they release it too soon then Microsoft and Nintendo can check out the compitition and out do them.
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:42
"You love us!"
I seem to remember reading an article last week that stated that the current generation of PS2 games are only using around 30-40% of the PS2's power!

So you do the math!

I think it's safe to assume the PS2 has a good few years left in its life cycle yet. Although thats not to say Sony aren't working on PS3, prolly at a concept level at this stage though.
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:28
"For the horde!!!!"
nh wrote:
> hey - you're getting there ;D

lol
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:26
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Gridloch wrote:
>
>
> sorry no spam intended

hey - you're getting there ;D
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:22
"For the horde!!!!"
nh wrote:
> One thing Gridloch, You keep using the Reply quoting this message
> instead of just the reply bit. It's best to only use the quoting bit
> when you want to refer to a particluar bit and then delete the rest
> before posting - makes it easier for us to read what you are saying.
>

sorry no spam intended
Tue 30/04/02 at 17:01
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I'm glad you agree and yes you are right about Japan etc.

One thing Gridloch, You keep using the Reply quoting this message instead of just the reply bit. It's best to only use the quoting bit when you want to refer to a particluar bit and then delete the rest before posting - makes it easier for us to read what you are saying.

cheers.
Tue 30/04/02 at 16:39
"For the horde!!!!"
nh wrote:
> Five years is the normal expected life span for a games console and
> that would mean that Sony would be looking at 2004/2005 to release the
> next gen console.
>
> The console is in development and would need to be ready at least 9
> months before the first sales so Factories etc can be set up ready to
> produce so that would mean that the initial design paramaters are
> likely to already be set.
>
> Sony will want to keep their lead in the market and would want to get
> the PS3 or whatever they call it before any new consoles are released
> by Microsoft, Nintendo or anyone else who tries to get into the
> market.

i totally agree and another point is Japan will be getting it about half a year or so before we do so we will have a while with our pride and joy.
Tue 30/04/02 at 14:14
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Five years is the normal expected life span for a games console and that would mean that Sony would be looking at 2004/2005 to release the next gen console.

The console is in development and would need to be ready at least 9 months before the first sales so Factories etc can be set up ready to produce so that would mean that the initial design paramaters are likely to already be set.

Sony will want to keep their lead in the market and would want to get the PS3 or whatever they call it before any new consoles are released by Microsoft, Nintendo or anyone else who tries to get into the market.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.