GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Social Drinking"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 26/04/02 at 19:23
Regular
Just the odd pint with a mate...

What's with that...

Alcohol is disgusting and the only reason most people drink it is to get drunk....

Simple as that... if not your drinking a glass of a really bad tasting substance.
Fri 26/04/02 at 22:28
Regular
I think you lot are taking the phrase "social drinking" the wrong way.

You seem to think that it means drinking because you're in a group and you do it to fit in.

I think that's wrong. I think social drinking is just having a few beers with your mates - because you want to. It's drinknig in a social environment, with your mates. Because they're your mates, they're not going to say anything if you don't want to drink.

I hope I've explained that ok...
Fri 26/04/02 at 22:22
Beer with a little lemonade in (light Shandy) is very nice indeed, but Beer on it's own is pretty disgusting ;D Bicardi Breezer is lovely, and I hear people boasting at Uni about being able to 'down' 20 bottles of it before getting a buzz on. Shyear right! I don't really go for social drinking - I drink if I want to, not for the sake of it with my mates. If I want to drink with me mates though, I will, of course. I don't drink to get drunk, I drink it because I enjoy the taste. Getting drunk sucks - I don't advise it. I'm one of the very few at Uni who is a designated driver by the time the night's round of drinking is over ;D
Fri 26/04/02 at 22:16
Regular
I used to hate the tatse of beer, as did all my mates. We'd all drink Jack Daniels & coke when we were about 16 and down the pub.

Now I actually quite like the taste of beer, and there's nothing better than relaxing with some mates down the pub on a saturday night with a few beers, some games of pool, and some decent music on the jukebox.
Fri 26/04/02 at 22:15
Regular
"Bobba you"
Well thats your opion. Well actually i agree cos drink killed my grandad :(
i have been drunk twice and i'm 14
Fri 26/04/02 at 21:09
Protoss wrote:
> I have never been drunk, I just know that when I do I'll pass out then
> wake up to either:
> a) a 10 tonne prostitute
> b) some tramp in a skip in the middle of badlands
> c) a future where intelligent robots hunt mankind
> d) the middle of the highstreet, tied to a moving van, in my b.day
> suit
> e) in a warehouse with serveral dead bodies around me and a broken
> glass bottle in my hands

Eh, it's not that bad son! I am not a big drinker, but for me, alcohol is not a massive part of my life. Sometimes I get completely off my face, but that is few and far between; I don't habitually do it. Some enjoy alcohol, others don't- it's just one of those things. Personally, I intend to be dry as soon as I leave uni, it's just not something I want in my life.
Fri 26/04/02 at 20:40
"Mimmargh!"
I have never been drunk, I just know that when I do I'll pass out then wake up to either:
a) a 10 tonne prostitute
b) some tramp in a skip in the middle of badlands
c) a future where intelligent robots hunt mankind
d) the middle of the highstreet, tied to a moving van, in my b.day suit
e) in a warehouse with serveral dead bodies around me and a broken glass bottle in my hands
Fri 26/04/02 at 20:35
i think the point is 'social' drinking, you do it to be sociable, although some alcohol does taste nice, like bacardi breezers for example.
Beer isn't that bad if you add lemonade to it.
Fri 26/04/02 at 19:23
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Just the odd pint with a mate...

What's with that...

Alcohol is disgusting and the only reason most people drink it is to get drunk....

Simple as that... if not your drinking a glass of a really bad tasting substance.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.