GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worst. Bandname. Ever."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 25/04/02 at 09:32
Regular
Hoobastank. What the hell were they thinking? And Biffy Clyro as well. Any more, for any more?
Thu 25/04/02 at 20:11
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
cipro wrote:
I can think of a few other silly sounding band names:

The unholy sounding Godsmack, the slightly sickening sounding
Spineshank, the 'we need to think of a name for or band, any name will
do' pudle of mud.

Ok the story behind Godsmacks name is this: One member of the band had a big coldsore the lead singer kept making jokes about etc. Then the next day he came in an had the exact same thing in the same place. The guy who had one first said that God was smacking him for what he was saying. So Godsmack.

Puddle of mudd got their name after the floor of their audition room, or recording studio (I forget which) was flooded my a puddle of mud.

To peoplee names seem weird, but they have some sugnificants to the band. Their named after experiences they incounted on thrir way to the top.
Thu 25/04/02 at 19:23
Regular
"You've upset me"
Vottanator wrote:
>
> And what the hell is Counting Crows?!

That name comes from a poem. Duritz liked it and so did the rest of the band. It's also a lyric in their song Murder of One.
Thu 25/04/02 at 18:50
Regular
"Whatever!"
There was a band called 'The The' You cant get much worse than that!
Thu 25/04/02 at 18:34
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
Hoobastank is a dismal name I agree, but they are good so it doesn't matter. It's just a bit annoying when someone asks you what you're listning to.

"Hoobastank"
"WHAT?!"

:-D

And what the hell is Counting Crows?!
Thu 25/04/02 at 18:15
Biffy Clyro ROCK!
Thu 25/04/02 at 16:47
I really hate Alien Ant Famr, it just sounds so contrived - like they sat round a table and spent ages thinking sbout a name that sounds interesting and funny, but is basically crap.
Thu 25/04/02 at 15:27
I agree, Hoobastank must be one of the worst band names ive ever heard. Limp Bizkit is a crap name, especially if u know what its named after. its just disgusting.
Thu 25/04/02 at 13:53
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I can think of a few other silly sounding band names:

The unholy sounding Godsmack, the slightly sickening sounding Spineshank, the 'we need to think of a name for or band, any name will do' pudle of mud.

I think most of the good rock bands names have been taken, so new bands have to try and be more creative, and origanal. It doesn't always work though.
Thu 25/04/02 at 10:14
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I bought the Biffy Clyro album.

I'd rather have a smack habit.
Thu 25/04/02 at 09:32
Hoobastank. What the hell were they thinking? And Biffy Clyro as well. Any more, for any more?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.