GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Instant Sites Web Designer Launch News!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 16/01/08 at 12:49
Regular
Hi All,

We are pleased to announce that the Freeola Instant Sites service has now been launched!

Freeola Instant Sites is our new, easy web site builder service that lets you create your own professional web site in minutes, with no technical knowledge needed whatsoever. Instant Sites is packed with tons of features, and offers templates for blogs, guest books, gallery pages, contact pages and loads more.

The service is completely free to all Freeola Broadband customers, or for a mere £3 per month + VAT to non-Freeola Broadband users. Simply login to MyFreeola, and click the 'Instant Sites Web Designer' link on the left-hand side to begin.

Feel free to use this forum to ask any questions, share tips, design ideas and advice, or for any general Instant Sites chat with other users.

Happy web site building!
Sun 07/02/10 at 22:10
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Bam! gone.
Sun 07/02/10 at 18:09
"Are you sure?"
searchmarketing wrote:
> There should be a proper linking order for the internal pages.
> The mapping should be done in a systematic manner so that the
> search engines crawls the webpages. The sitemaps should be
> designed and all the internal page link should be specified in
> the site maps and the sitemap should be placed in the home page.
> http://www.misearch@*#...

See tag line...

After doing a quick Google - I wish Moderator privileges spammed - whoops, I meant spanned forums! ;¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s]
Tue 01/12/09 at 12:23
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Thanks Hmmm...
will definitely be trying that out when i next get the chance to work on my site. It's just finding the time to do them with work and with the sudden rush of great new releases. May get to work tomorrow after work when watching Supernatural :D.

I'll let you know how I get on - but thanks, it should be enough to get what I need :)
Tue 01/12/09 at 09:01
"Are you sure?"
Morning - yep, that would be the idea.
It all depends on what you are after.

If it's just the odd additional page then a simple text link within the content might be best, or a group of links (removing the linked to page from the main navigation).

Or put all the sub pages in a Drop down menu and remove them all from the main navigation.
You could then put the Drop down menu in the same place on all the appropriate pages.

[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola Instant Site
Tue 01/12/09 at 08:34
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Thanks for the ideas guys - just checked out the comments in the other thread and I think that covers it (i.e. add the pages and remove them from the navigation bar and add a text link into them). I am assuming that the dropdown bar you have also suggested could involve these text links?
Mon 30/11/09 at 15:50
"Are you sure?"
Warhunt wrote:
> Hmmm... has probably got some good ideas however.

:¬)

As Warhunt says you need to add separate links to your 'deeper' pages and also remove the page from the main navigation.

Please see my comments in this similar thread.

You could also use a 'Dropdown menu' here's my InstantPro dropdown menu demo created for another poster.
This type of menu would keep everything tidy - in practice you would also remove the sub-pages from the main navigation as required.

Hope that gives you some ideas :¬)
[s]Hmmm...[/s] My Freeola Instant Site
Mon 30/11/09 at 14:29
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Not as a standard no. (If I think you're asking what you are)

There are some ways that you can easily just work around this however, the most simple being using hyperlinks within the pages. It's all I did with mine, but it takes some effort to make it look "pretty".

Hmmm... has probably got some good ideas however.
Mon 30/11/09 at 13:58
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Can you make sub-pages (insert correct web-jargon here) within the page on Instant Pro?

I'm not sure if you can - but would like to have main categories appearing on the left/top, but would like to separate these heading pages with several pages only accessible from a said page (i.e. a bit of a hierarchy of pages)

(if I've confused you, I'm sorry - it's not too clear :S)
Sat 14/11/09 at 12:16
Regular
SSL up-&-running; eagrely-awaiting shopping-cart... ideally integrated into Quickbooks [accounting...], Outlook [contacts...].

Formally-used Quicken [IRS happy with raft of reports & receipts]; guess many are exploiting party-plan sales as route to second-income.
Sun 01/11/09 at 20:44
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
While I appriciate it's easy to blame us and our system, the fault is in fact with Google. See you other post here and Google's own blog post here. Not sure there was any need to post this more than once.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.