GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SR shops"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/04/02 at 11:31
Regular
Has anyone been to an SR shop they are pretty cool, it took 1 and a half hours but it was worth it, They have such a good range of games, I came back with a ps2, mgs2 fire pack, gta3, gt3, pro evo soccer, dancing stage euro mix and civ 3

Not meaning to suck up but I would recommend it. I had to travel from SE London but it was definitely worth it.

I went Sabridgeworth!
Wed 24/04/02 at 21:12
Regular
"That's right!"
bingbong wrote:
It seems a tad on the small side

--------

You should see how tiny the Game shop in Eldon Square is - it's a broom cupboard!
Wed 24/04/02 at 21:09
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I'm off to Sawbridgeworth in the summer holidays to meet Ali, Tony, Bob and the rest of the SR Krew. I also want a job :)
Wed 24/04/02 at 20:51
The SR shop in Bristol is great i have been there many times. It seems a tad on the small side but it has more or less everything you could want in terms of games of course.
Wed 24/04/02 at 20:31
"possibly impossible"
One day I will get the chance to go to Bristol. My wife will be thrilled by the shopping centre there and then I can perhaps get to visit an SR shop on my way back.

Till then I just keep buying over the phone and on the net.
Wed 24/04/02 at 20:19
Regular
"That's right!"
Tony wrote:
> The problem with Scotland is that it is too damn far away (from us).

---------

What about Newcastle? You could just fill the staff roster with drop outs from Game and HMV... or me *hint hint*
Wed 24/04/02 at 19:25
Regular
"Bobba you"
doublezero wrote:
> I've never been to one. I live in Leicester and the nearest one to me
> is Nottingham i think. They seem to be successful though and they're
> always building more.
>
> I wish they'd set up one in Leicester. (Hint, Hint Mr Special
> Reserve!)

Yeah i live in leicester to i wish they would build one in town their are laods off empty shops.
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:31
ive never been to one.I live in scotland and the nearest shop for me is about a 6 hour car drive
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:20
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
The problem with Scotland is that it is too damn far away (from us).

The problem with shopping centres is that our prices would have to go up!

Nearest store to SE London is Upminster. Tell yer mates!
Wed 24/04/02 at 12:45
"I hate that!!!"
There building phase two of the esgate shopping centre (That's the shopping centre in the ity I live in.)

It would be well cool if SR went in there.
A word of caution though the rent may be a bit exspensive.

I would like to see SR going in there because it would be the only SR shop in Scotland(As far as I know)

Pleaasssseeeeeee Tony at least consider it.
If you did go in there then I would never go to anuy other games shop only you.
phase two is due to open in easter 2003 Just thought you may want to know
Wed 24/04/02 at 11:53
Regular
"cant think of one.."
I've never been to one. I live in Leicester and the nearest one to me is Nottingham i think. They seem to be successful though and they're always building more.

I wish they'd set up one in Leicester. (Hint, Hint Mr Special Reserve!)

They sound much better than HMV who love to put consoles on display with good games, yet they never plug controllers in. Even worse, half the time you cant even see a demo cos the acne-ridden shop assistant has forgotten to progress the game past the 'language select' screen!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.