GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Franchise sacrifice"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/04/02 at 10:17
Regular
If you had the power to do this, would you swap one of the PS2s major franchises,

say

Metal Gear Solid
Gran Turismo
Final Fantasy
Tomb Raider

for one on another console? Or would you leave things as they are?
Wed 24/04/02 at 11:13
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
If all three consoles sell enough units I think there will be even less exclusive Franchises than there are now. I wouldn't be surprised if Mario ends up being the only exclusive left in a year or so. After all the developers want to, or should that be need to sell games and non exclusivity means they have a bigger potential market.
Wed 24/04/02 at 11:07
And of course Squaresoft and Nintendo have made friends again, so the PS2 won't have exclusive rights to the Final Fantasy series.
Wed 24/04/02 at 11:04
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I would share the tomb raider franchaise because it doesnt make as much a profit as the other 3 and in return I would want a franchaise from another company i.e. mario/halo
Wed 24/04/02 at 11:01
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
For mario ? any of them.....

Metal Gear, Final Fantasy and Tomb Raider already come out on PC. Metal Gear is coming out on X Box (Very strong rumour still at the mo) so that only leaves GT as an exclusive anyway.
Wed 24/04/02 at 10:55
Ah, but which PS2 franchise would you sacrifice? ;-)
Wed 24/04/02 at 10:40
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Too right I would - Bring on Mario I say....

I know that will never happen (Never ? - look at Sega and Sonic!)

Mario is the mainstay of Nintendo and the main reason that people will be buying into GC with the many great Mario games - If Nintendo ever quit the TV console market then I think Sony would sell their souls to get the Mario franchise.
Wed 24/04/02 at 10:17
If you had the power to do this, would you swap one of the PS2s major franchises,

say

Metal Gear Solid
Gran Turismo
Final Fantasy
Tomb Raider

for one on another console? Or would you leave things as they are?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.