GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Franchise sacrifice"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/04/02 at 10:17
Regular
If you had the power to do this, would you swap one of the PS2s major franchises,

say

Metal Gear Solid
Gran Turismo
Final Fantasy
Tomb Raider

for one on another console? Or would you leave things as they are?
Wed 24/04/02 at 19:30
cipro wrote:
> I'd definatly sacrifice the dreadful tomb raider franchise for a
> franchise like shenmue. Not a bad swap I'd say.

- definitely agree. I'd personally swap even swa MGS2 for Shenmue - I loved that game !
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:19
Regular
"Bring back Mullets"
I'd swop Tomb Raider for Halo. It would save me the cost of a X-Box plus I have the feeling that the new Tomb Raider game will not be up to much but still be bought by millions of young fans to stare at her perfectly rounded guns. What?
Wed 24/04/02 at 17:45
Well they'd be up the creek if they shared out Mario, but you've got to remember that currently Rare exclusively develop for Nintendo (though that may change), and they produce other genres of games, such as Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, and a rumoured new version of Killer Instinct. Rare are a fantastic developer (quite probably the best third party developer in the world), and it's a shame that we never had their talent on the PS.
Wed 24/04/02 at 16:14
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Indeed,

but don't you think that sharing franchise maybe the end for Nintendo?
hence they are only renoun for their great platformers, if the platformers hit the PS 2, X-BoX wouldnt it be more sensible to get one of them because of the quality of 'other types of games' - Sport, FPS, RPG etc..

How would Nintendo single itself out?
Unless of course it started producing them kinds of games?
but its had every oppotunity and weve not seen nothing brilliant yet.
Wed 24/04/02 at 16:10
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'd definatly sacrifice the dreadful tomb raider franchise for a franchise like shenmue. Not a bad swap I'd say.
Wed 24/04/02 at 16:04
Regular
"Bobba you"
I would like mario or sonic on the ps2 i love them games :D
Wed 24/04/02 at 11:52
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I gathered that was what it meant - just getting my hopes up too much !!
Wed 24/04/02 at 11:46
Sorry, it was just an X - so if anything, it would be Xbox related!
Wed 24/04/02 at 11:25
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Super Mario psx ?? Oh well....

The missus isn't tooooo keen on me buying a GC just yet, I'm still trying to convince her that the littlun's want it but they just dont seem convincing enough !

Come on Sony - get that mario franchise sorted.

Devo - you are evil geting my hopes up here ;D
Wed 24/04/02 at 11:18
I think you're right. It's rumoured that Activision are interested in buying Rare. If that is true, that is incredible news for non Nintendo owners. And fingers crossed, not bad news for Nintendo owners (ie. spreading the developers too thinly).

Also it was amusing that Nintendo temporarily had a Mario game listed on their site, with an X in the title.....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.