GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Try before you buy"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/04/02 at 10:01
Regular
I was thinking that despite having a subscription to OPS2M magazine, so far not one demo has made me buy a game. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the demos haven't been good, but the games I have bought I have wanted anyway. I haven't come across a demo that has made me change my mind from being indifferent about a game, to wanting to buy it. Basically, there hasn't been any surprises.

Has anyone played a demo on OPS2M that has changed your mind about buying a game, in a positive way? From that viewpoint, are the demos doing their job?
Sun 28/04/02 at 10:18
Regular
oh i didnt like Jak & Daxter but i loved the ico demo
Sat 27/04/02 at 18:00
"For the horde!!!!"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> I've bought two games after havnig played the demos - Jak & Daxter
> and Dropship.
>
> Jak & Daxter I wasn't sure of, but the demo made up my mind.
> Dropship was a game I was always going to get, but some reviews gave
> me doubts. The demos banished those doubts totally.
>
> Many more demos have done me the favour of saving me money, though.
> There have been many more games I've been thinking of getting, which
> the demo has shown up as being severely lacking. Most notable of
> those was the Lotus game - it looked fantastic in the screenshots, but
> played terribly.
>
> So yes, I think demos are very much worthwhile!

is Jak and Daxter any good?
Sat 27/04/02 at 17:55
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Well I've just ordered Time Crisis 2 and a gun from SR thanks to a demo I have. I've been on the demo for TC2 all week since I wasn't sure whether or not the game would be worth investing in.

I'm also now interested more in the games Ico and Heardy Geardy, which are two titles that didn't appeal to me at first. But after playing demo's of the two games, I now think they will be great titles to own.

Thats the good thing I find about demo's, they can often make your mind up when your not sure about a particular game. This also helps any decision you want to make on a game that has been getting mixed reviews and are not sure about getting.
Sat 27/04/02 at 16:38
"High polygon count"
I've bought two games after havnig played the demos - Jak & Daxter and Dropship.

Jak & Daxter I wasn't sure of, but the demo made up my mind. Dropship was a game I was always going to get, but some reviews gave me doubts. The demos banished those doubts totally.

Many more demos have done me the favour of saving me money, though. There have been many more games I've been thinking of getting, which the demo has shown up as being severely lacking. Most notable of those was the Lotus game - it looked fantastic in the screenshots, but played terribly.

So yes, I think demos are very much worthwhile!
Sat 27/04/02 at 12:29
Regular
anyways that is the only game from a demo from OPS2 that has convinced me to buy a game.
it also made me decide not to buy WWF Smackdown3 : Just bring it when i played their demo a while back
Sat 27/04/02 at 12:29
Regular
"WWJD"
I had leant that out ive got it back now and i did go on it abit more, but now someones leant me FF7 so im playing on that at the moment. I don't know how long it's gonna take me to complete GTA3 a long time ill probably have GTA4 before i complete it well at least GTA Miami
Sat 27/04/02 at 12:24
Regular
"WWJD"
yerp
Sat 27/04/02 at 12:20
Regular
Yeh it is like saying how long it will take to complete GTA3 you cant say
Sat 27/04/02 at 12:14
Regular
"WWJD"
**Kerrang!** wrote:
> I think I will complete it in around 2 weeks. I think :) but I'll
> probably play it again and again just for the blitzball game. :)

you can't set a time on a game like FFX, you just play theres so much to do
Sat 27/04/02 at 12:09
Regular
yeh it is 40+ hours long, beat that MGS2

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.