GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GameCube mag advice"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/04/02 at 09:36
Regular
Now I've got my GC on pre order, and being new to Nintendo, I want to pick a mag to help with my buying decisions. So I picked up CUBE and NGC, and having read both of them, I can't say I'm entirely impressed. They fall well short of the 'drier' / more serious games mags like OPSM and PC Gamer. And don't come close to mags like PSM2 which is probably more their level. Are there any others on the shelf? Or is it just been a bad month?
Thu 25/04/02 at 17:05
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
the NOM covers are a bit too plain for my liking , too much white and blue, wheres the colour damn it !! or they could make it like edge , plain but so very cool.
Thu 25/04/02 at 07:05
Regular
I will not hear a bad word said against NGC - it is quite simply the best magazine out there for the discerning reader, and if you just want to oogle pictures and not actually read anything, buy NOM. Cube I can't commment on but because of my blind faith to NGC I reckon it pales in comparison.

:D
Wed 24/04/02 at 21:39
Regular
"hit the road jack"
I havent heard of it but i'll look out for it :)
Wed 24/04/02 at 21:36
Regular
I want to know what G-force magazine is gonna be like (and it's got a free DVD)
Wed 24/04/02 at 21:17
Regular
"hit the road jack"
The new nom is much better. Its totally changed. Theres alot less for kiddies and more writing instead of captions under pictures. They have got rid of half the nom team aswell, most of them did nothing bar play games. I also like NGC, CUBE i have never read so i wont judge it but ill buy it. NOM is better now though! :)
Wed 24/04/02 at 21:11
Regular
"what is knowledge ?"
just bought the new issue of nom , and at last it's GOOD ! tons of news etc , and it's bigger and cheaper than it's rivals , good job nintendo themselves told nom to get better or it would be still be krap , oh yeah and it would lose it's licence too , lol.
Wed 24/04/02 at 20:06
Regular
"Rasmus R The Best!"
I get all 3! CUBE,NOM,NGC but i want more free stuff!!! NGC are giving away a free DVD next Issue but the magazine is quite appalling, while the CUBE mag is brilliant but never gives away free stuff. The NOM is great but will we get a DVD free next issue??? You can't win really.
Wed 24/04/02 at 19:47
Regular
"hiyaaaaahhhh!!!!"
I read NOM
Wed 24/04/02 at 19:45
i read cube
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:14
Me being a PS2 owner I get PS2 mags, of which PSM2 is one. Published by the same bods who publish OPS2M, but it's not official, and you get the feeling that they're gamers who get p'd off if they get ripped off, like the rest of us do. Unlike a lot of mags who at one end treat it as a showcase for their English degrees, or at the other, just write a lot of lazy, tired humour. If you have a PS2, I'd recommend it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.