GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Virtua Fighter 4"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/04/02 at 07:40
Regular
GGGAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

I played this in Game yesterday!

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO IT!?!?!

The first thing you'll notice about the game when you look at it, it how BAD it looks! There's no anti-aliasing at all, and after playing Dear Or Alive 3 for ages, and seeing shots of Soul Calibur 2 this game does look quite shoddy!

I was really quite looking forward to this game, but it just hasn't impressed me at all!

If you play this game you will notice its other MAJOR flaw! It's soooooo slooooooow! Yes that's right! I dunno what Sega have done to it, but the game just moves at a snails pace. Gone is the fastness of the previous two versions. Come has the super slowness which just makes this game seem really BAD!

I was looking forward to this game, but I have been let down quite badly! Let's just hope Tekken 4 is better ay!

:)
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:52
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
where can I play a demo?

any out yet?
Wed 24/04/02 at 18:50
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im still going to get it - I like the VF series, not as good as Tekken mind!!
Wed 24/04/02 at 16:18
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
ive claimed this game as my GAD, because it looks great but hearin this im thinkin about changin it..

someone reasure me please
Wed 24/04/02 at 16:12
Regular
"Bobba you"
I heard good comments about eh - well they must be wrong :(
Wed 24/04/02 at 11:00
I was really looking forward to it, but the jaggies I've seen in some of the mags seemed a bit much. Oh well, it's not as if there aren't any other fighters on the way if it turns out to be a disappointment.
Wed 24/04/02 at 10:52
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I want to try a demo of the thing.

Having been a regular Tekken and Soul Blade, Soul Calibur player I tried demos of DOA and DOA2 and just didnt like the gameplay style as much. I have only played VF games on demo so far and have not been overly impressed and as I said before I want to try a demo of VF4 before I would consider it.

I am looking forward to Tekken 4 but even more so Soul Calibur 2. I still think Soul Calibur on the DC is the best beat em up available at the mo.
Wed 24/04/02 at 10:30
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
this game is meant to be arcade better on the PS 2 (hardly any changes) therefore I will see what its like once I get it.
Wed 24/04/02 at 08:36
Regular
"accidental superher"
when i played it in the arcades i thought it was great...fast, good to look at and challenging....
Wed 24/04/02 at 07:42
Regular
Damn, I was looking forward to that...
Wed 24/04/02 at 07:40
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
GGGAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

I played this in Game yesterday!

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO IT!?!?!

The first thing you'll notice about the game when you look at it, it how BAD it looks! There's no anti-aliasing at all, and after playing Dear Or Alive 3 for ages, and seeing shots of Soul Calibur 2 this game does look quite shoddy!

I was really quite looking forward to this game, but it just hasn't impressed me at all!

If you play this game you will notice its other MAJOR flaw! It's soooooo slooooooow! Yes that's right! I dunno what Sega have done to it, but the game just moves at a snails pace. Gone is the fastness of the previous two versions. Come has the super slowness which just makes this game seem really BAD!

I was looking forward to this game, but I have been let down quite badly! Let's just hope Tekken 4 is better ay!

:)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.