GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Virtua Fighter 4"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 24/04/02 at 07:40
Regular
GGGAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!

I played this in Game yesterday!

WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO IT!?!?!

The first thing you'll notice about the game when you look at it, it how BAD it looks! There's no anti-aliasing at all, and after playing Dear Or Alive 3 for ages, and seeing shots of Soul Calibur 2 this game does look quite shoddy!

I was really quite looking forward to this game, but it just hasn't impressed me at all!

If you play this game you will notice its other MAJOR flaw! It's soooooo slooooooow! Yes that's right! I dunno what Sega have done to it, but the game just moves at a snails pace. Gone is the fastness of the previous two versions. Come has the super slowness which just makes this game seem really BAD!

I was looking forward to this game, but I have been let down quite badly! Let's just hope Tekken 4 is better ay!

:)
Fri 26/04/02 at 16:08
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I Decided to change my GAD and get prisoner of war on release and DOA for my other game to make up for the missing beat 'em up in my selection. I will decided on whther to get VF fighter once its released and when ive had a few rounds on the demo.
Thu 25/04/02 at 19:28
Regular
Well from what I've seen and heard it looks like a good game but i doubt i'll get it.
Thu 25/04/02 at 10:02
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
I played it on a PS2 pod in Game!

And the guy who said a few jaggies here and there! I'm not normally one to complain that much about them, but they just looked so bad in this. For some reason the TV I was playing it on was running the game in widescreen for some reason. Well either that, or the game has huge boarders.

The action of the game just seemed so slow compared to previous versions!

:)
Thu 25/04/02 at 08:35
Regular
"accidental superher"
get vf4...
the game has got so many good review that i would be willing to take the risk...
it's not gonna suit everyone's tast and also it's a game that requires quite a lot of dedication before you get good
Wed 24/04/02 at 23:54
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
well heres the deal ive won two GAD one worth up to £50 and one £25

ive claimed VF 4 for my first and nothing for the second.
ive not played any of the VF series but from reviews this game looks great so ive claimed it. However ive played DOA 2 and thats pretty good.

Therefore I have the option of changing my first GAD to Prisoner of War and claim DOA 2 on my 2nd win...

what do you reckon..?

is VF 4 woth a GAD claim or is it worth gettin DOA 2 instead

I only want one beat em up.
Wed 24/04/02 at 21:24
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
You say that the speed of a game is unrealistic, Shun Di is a really unrealistic character. A drunken Old Age Pentioner(no disrespect intended) fighting young, agile fighters is what i would call unrealistic. Although, Shun Di will be my favourite character on VF4 i still think it is a bit strange that he is fighting at his age. Oh well the game looks great and i'll just leave it at that.
Wed 24/04/02 at 21:14
Regular
"What tagline? Eh?"
The game doesn't look that bad at all - you should be used to a few jaggies here and there in PS2 games. The game still looks lovely, and is full of nice effects and smooth animation. At the end of the day though, it's how the game plays that counts, and here it is in a league of its own.

Compared to DOA3, VF4 is...well, erm... Ah, sod it - you can't compare the two. DOA3 is for people who want quick wins with a bit of button bashing and little thought. V4 however, is for those who want to spend a little time getting to know each and every characters moves and styles. VF4 might play slower than DOA3, but that's not because the game is poorly programmed - it's because the game is a lot more tactical than DOA3, and hence requires a slower pace. And hey, come off it, the game is still fast - it's just that DOA3 is so unrealistically quick in comparison.

For those who were looking forward to VF4, and if you are a fan of the series you won't be disappointed. The style of gameply has been taken back to the best of the series so far - VF2. It looks lovely, plays like a dream, and sits nicely alongside Tekken AND DOA. All three are very different fighters that suit different peoples playing styles. Just like not all fans of driving games like all genres of racer, not all fighting game fans like all genres of fighter.
Wed 24/04/02 at 20:41
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
The edit mode is where you can edit your character with items and clothing that you have unlocked from the Kumite mode. I have wrote all of the contents (except for the "saving your character on the memry card") in my review of VF4 so you can check that out.
Wed 24/04/02 at 20:30
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
whats the new edit mode all abt then?
Wed 24/04/02 at 20:03
Regular
"[SE] Shadow Elite"
If i win GAD1 or GAD2 then i would definately get this game. The amount of modes the game has is simply amazing. Now i have heard this though i am becoming doubtfull about getting it. In alot of magazines, the graphics do look poor but then all games in magazines look poor in magazines. I just think that the new edit mode will make VF4 the greatest beat-'em-up out on the PS2.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.