GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Fate of Naruto"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 15/08/06 at 23:54
Regular
So, I'm low on disk space. I don't know why, it seems to evaporate without me downloading much, but that's a different story.

Treesize confirms that Naruto is one of the main offenders. (I'm a keeper with stuff like that).

Until now I've been burning him to disk, but with only a CD writer it's been slow and disk-intensive.
I'm also quite a way behind, with only 100 or so done.

So now I'm at a crossroads:

I can continue to burn him to CD.

I can invest in a DVD writer (although that doesn't give me an immediate solution).

I can delete old episodes.

What do you think?
Tue 15/08/06 at 23:54
Regular
So, I'm low on disk space. I don't know why, it seems to evaporate without me downloading much, but that's a different story.

Treesize confirms that Naruto is one of the main offenders. (I'm a keeper with stuff like that).

Until now I've been burning him to disk, but with only a CD writer it's been slow and disk-intensive.
I'm also quite a way behind, with only 100 or so done.

So now I'm at a crossroads:

I can continue to burn him to CD.

I can invest in a DVD writer (although that doesn't give me an immediate solution).

I can delete old episodes.

What do you think?
Wed 16/08/06 at 00:04
Regular
I deleted all my old episodes, there are times I wish I hadnt as I would liked to have seen them again. Especially watching all these "not so great" filler episodes. I've still yet to invest in a DVD writer. I think I've deleted 1000s of hours of video that I could have easily saved but just didnt have room for.

I would suggest getting a DVD writer. You'll get one sooner or later, might as well be now when you can save Naruto. Which by the way can really eat up a lot of space. it's like what? 170MB times 196 episodes, that's almost 33.4GB Not including the 2 movies aswell :)
Wed 16/08/06 at 17:20
Regular
Yesterday I had under 200MB disk space.

Today I have 4 gigs.

Very odd.

Still, if the magical extra space keeps, it gives me time to upgrade to a dvd rw. You're right, I'll get one sooner or later.
However, that logic has lead to me spending more money than I'm comfortable with lately. Mostly on books.

Ebuyer are having a special needs sale tomorrow, so I'll have a look there.
Fri 18/08/06 at 00:49
Regular
DVD writers are an absolute godsend, especially if you "obtain" a lot of TV, as I do. When I've got 4.2GB worth, I burn it and clear up HD space.

Well worth it. And they're pretty cheap now.
Fri 18/08/06 at 11:43
Regular
"lets go back"
I agree with what Reefer said. I like to save most things Ive downloaded. A DVD RW drive is an easy and fairly cheap way of doing it.

Alternatively, you could just buy a new hard drive. I just got a 300GB drive for less than £70.
Fri 18/08/06 at 14:39
Regular
Naarruuuto! My son loves that anime. <3 Hehe, ninja diskspace.

Hopefully, by now this is all sorted. I'd say keep trying to copy until you get the dvd rw. Patience, Grasshoppah. Still, deleting seems such a sacrilege to the ninja.. :P Just remember, its all for the greater good of ninja diskspace. *pats Mumbai's shoulder*
Fri 08/09/06 at 16:51
Regular
Great news, I believe the filler episodes are finishing not this wednesday but the following. Episode 201 I think. My god 66 filler episodes, that's just insane, you can only imagine how many people have been put off the series by them. Good thing they are selling 13 episodes per DVD.
Fri 08/09/06 at 20:54
Regular
Are you planning to buy the dvds?

I was considering it... but.. it's a lot of buying.
Fri 08/09/06 at 21:02
Regular
Oh we already have the first one, I enjoyed watching all 13 episodes and I've gotten use to the dub :) I even watched them before on YouTube (the English dub), unfortunately the second one isnt until December. Think Play.com has 13 episode Volume 1 for £13. I'll go check.
Fri 08/09/06 at 21:19
Regular
Oh 17.99 well, that's not too bad for 13 episodes. To be honest I wouldnt want to get the 66 filler episodes on DVD.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.