GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I've Done A Terrible Thing"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/04/02 at 20:19
Regular
I'm a vegetarian, I love animals, well I love them enough not to kill them. Until today that is.

I didn't mean to, honestly. It started last night, when my girlfriend started screaming. What, what's up is she being attacked? No, she is simply screaming because there's a incy wincey little spider in the bathroom.

Now as I said above, I don't kill animals or in this case insects. I opened the bathroom window, got a handful of loo paper and gently wrapped the Spider up and dropped it out the window (the paper cushions it's fall).

So, the spiders alive, outside and my girlfriend is nice and calm, everything's back to normal, well so I thought.

After lunch today, I took some bread out for the birds, a little crusty but they seem to like it. However I was not prepared for the horror that awaited me.

There, lying still on the grass tangled in the Pink loo roll was a bird, a starling I think. As I gently poked it with a stick it didn't move, it was stiff, lifeless, DEAD.

How could I have done such a thing? I thought I was doing good by saving the spider but instead I'd not only got the spider eaten, a poor innocent bird had died, probably of Andrex poisoning, how could I be so cruel?

I buried the bird at the bottom of the garden and put a little rock on top, a little headstone if you like. I'm in remorse now, still wondering how, how I could be so cruel?
Mon 22/04/02 at 20:19
I'm a vegetarian, I love animals, well I love them enough not to kill them. Until today that is.

I didn't mean to, honestly. It started last night, when my girlfriend started screaming. What, what's up is she being attacked? No, she is simply screaming because there's a incy wincey little spider in the bathroom.

Now as I said above, I don't kill animals or in this case insects. I opened the bathroom window, got a handful of loo paper and gently wrapped the Spider up and dropped it out the window (the paper cushions it's fall).

So, the spiders alive, outside and my girlfriend is nice and calm, everything's back to normal, well so I thought.

After lunch today, I took some bread out for the birds, a little crusty but they seem to like it. However I was not prepared for the horror that awaited me.

There, lying still on the grass tangled in the Pink loo roll was a bird, a starling I think. As I gently poked it with a stick it didn't move, it was stiff, lifeless, DEAD.

How could I have done such a thing? I thought I was doing good by saving the spider but instead I'd not only got the spider eaten, a poor innocent bird had died, probably of Andrex poisoning, how could I be so cruel?

I buried the bird at the bottom of the garden and put a little rock on top, a little headstone if you like. I'm in remorse now, still wondering how, how I could be so cruel?
Mon 22/04/02 at 20:22
"Mimmargh!"
At least your girlfriend is happy, more important than some insect that is insignificant to the order of life anyways lol.
Mon 22/04/02 at 21:12
You didn't mean to do it so Im sure you can get over it, its not like you were actually cruel or evil or anything
Mon 22/04/02 at 21:22
Regular
"Here I am - TAKE ME"
I felt very bad when I shot a pigeon that was decimating our fruit and haven't deliberatly killed anything since.

Unfortunatly my dad wishes to be rid of the plague of rabbits in our field and my stalker is more than happy to oblige, with his camo gear and high powered air rifle. Its quite sickening (and messy) watching him shoot a rabbit then attempt to gut it - to make his "lovely rabbit pie".

I also saw some animal rights people in town at lunch and they had posters (not for sale) of a cat with what looked like a serial port in its head. Apparently it was part of a botched experiment to interface with an animal's brain. It's horrible what some scientists will do, and I felt sorry for the poor cat (I'm quite soft like that as I have two moggys). I expressed my feelings to the people behind the stall - saying how cruel the experiment was and ultimately how stupid - especially since we now have USB which is far quicker and more compact that Serial. They didn't find the last part that funny though....

Anyway, doesn't really add to your topic but never mind, thought I'd say it anyway.
Mon 22/04/02 at 22:25
"Right!!!!!™"
Beware the Toads wrote:
> You didn't mean to do it so Im sure you can get over it, its not like
> you were actually cruel or evil or anything

He's very right!
Mon 22/04/02 at 22:42
"High polygon count"
I wouldn't feel too guilty - it's unlikely that the loo roll killed the bird. Not unless you threw it out of the window with a brick attached, anyway.

There's all sorts of litter all over the country, and it rarely kills birds. I'd imagine the bird was dead - probably killed by a cat or something - before you even threw the paper out.
Mon 22/04/02 at 22:51
Regular
"smile, it's free"
You didn't need to wrap the spider up. It's mass is so tiny that it can fall quite large distances without any serious injury. It certainly wouldn't be killed by being dropped from a first floor window.

...erm, hope I haven't aggrivated your guilt trip there. Sorry ;)
Tue 23/04/02 at 02:56
Regular
"relocated"
The traditional method of dealing with the spider-girlfriend problem has always been to put a glass on top of the spider, slide a piece of paper underneath and remove the arachnid from the premises. Recently I've discovered a better method: put a LARGE glass on top of your girlfriend, slide a piece of paper underneath and remove the female from the premises. This is a more long-term solution requiring no killing): the spider will eventually come back, but I guarantee that your girlfriend won't. Voila! Peace, quiet, and an easy conscience.
Tue 23/04/02 at 06:27
Regular
"Brrrrr."
I have NO idea on how to kill a spider...

*Stamps foot and inspects bottom of shoe.*
Tue 23/04/02 at 08:37
Put it this way, if it legs begin to start curling up in the air, then it's dead ;D

Uni calls, bye all!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.