GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh. Baby."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 22/04/02 at 10:36
Regular
GTA3 on the PC.
Gamespot are running an interview with Rockstar, but the 2nd page of the interview is missing.
Here's what there is though

--

GS: Is the mature nature of the game going to remain intact in the port to the PC?

DH: No. In the PC version you play as a cuddly toy who was hurt and left out to die, and now nobody loves you. You go on a series of wacky adventures through toy land before finding a lonely little girl who makes you realize you had everything you needed all along, which was good friends and a song in your heart. Of course it is going to remain the same. It is the [same] game.

GS: Funny stuff. From the screenshots we've seen, it's clear that you've improved on the resolution of the PlayStation 2 version. Are you doing anything else to take advantage of PC hardware?

Leslie Benzies: Yes, the textures are much higher resolution in the PC version. They also have more colors. We've also allowed the player to configure things like draw distance for all buildings, pedestrians, and cars in the city. The player can also adjust the number of cars and pedestrians on the streets. Another addition that takes advantage of the extra memory available on a PC are the replays, which enable you to play back the last 30 seconds of gameplay and watch the action again from different camera angles. The replay is also saved to disk, so you can save any cool sequences or even e-mail them to your friends. The audio effects have been really enhanced in the game also. We fully support surround sound systems so you really feel like you're in the action. The sounds happen all around you and enable you to pinpoint where they are coming from--cops approaching from the right, helicopter closing in overhead...

--

*drops pants and moons his now-departed PS2*
HAHAHAHAHA
No need to even think I need you anymore, PS2. Any games I played on you are now on the PC and Xbox.
Go away silly black box.

Oh, and the Gamecube for £100?
Pfffffttt..quality machine that.
Mon 22/04/02 at 18:32
Regular
Baboon, obviously. Duh.
Mon 22/04/02 at 18:31
Regular
"I like cheese"
guyzer wrote:
> and Ant remember we have baboon in science tommorrow so I have the
> opportunity to beat you.

Beat me at what?
Mon 22/04/02 at 18:28
Regular
I sound like George Bush.
Mon 22/04/02 at 18:28
Regular
er-no wrote:
"Thanks Grix."

No problem. You won't be disappoint it.
Mon 22/04/02 at 18:24
and Ant remember we have baboon in science tommorrow so I have the opportunity to beat you.
Mon 22/04/02 at 18:20
well Ant a square of lego is pretty hard to make.
Mon 22/04/02 at 18:04
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> And you ain't got no Skies of Arcadia. And you'll think you play
> decent games for the rest of your life, you logo of naive you.
>
> But damn, Clutch rules. So you're kinda forgiven. For the moment.

See... now why doesnt someone (like SEGA?) write a DreamCast emulator for the X-Box?... then they could continue to sell Dreamcast titles?
Mon 22/04/02 at 18:03
Regular
"I like cheese"
guyzer wrote:
> Ant you couldn't build a pc.

You couldn't build a square of Lego.
Mon 22/04/02 at 17:32
Darkness_2K wrote:

> Shut up Mark, he has my help :)
>
> *Removes cool sunglasses and reveals rippling muscles*

Rippling muscles ha ha
Mon 22/04/02 at 17:24
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
guyzer wrote:
> Ant you couldn't build a pc.

Shut up Mark, he has my help :)

*Removes cool sunglasses and reveals rippling muscles*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.