GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"hedgehogs"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 14/08/06 at 21:13
Regular
Just went out into the backgarden and then I saw one shuffling into the bushes. I was quite suprised, last time we saw one in our garden was 10 years ago I think. I got some catfood and just stood their waiting for him to come out. He eventually did but then wandered off. I wonder where he's off to now.

We tend to only get slow worms and frogs (pond next door) in our garden, oh and lots of cats. :)
Thu 14/09/06 at 01:36
Regular
I don't think I've ever come across an Adder before. Don't think we haven any badgers around here either. Just foxes, slow worms and rabbits that's about it. Oh and of course hedgehogs. Which reminds me I saw a dead one in the road the other day. Just 2 roads away. I hope it wasnt the mother or the one I met the night I mentioned earlier in this thread :(
Tue 12/09/06 at 13:51
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
The only time I've run into snakes in the wild is on Snakes Pass in Derbyshire and also on the Yorkshire Moors doing a geography field trip.

Them seemed more scared of us though and quickly slithered away.
Tue 12/09/06 at 13:16
"possibly impossible"
I miss Slow Worms and Adders. Used to see loads around the back of my parent's house, but I don't see them here. I'm sure there are some around though.

We see foxes, hedgehogs and badgers, plus lots of cows, sheep and horses. I was lucky (?) enough to stand head to head with a cobra in India last time when I stopped at the Gate of India and saw a snake charmer. You pay him a small fee and you can sit right next to him. I've got a picture of it too. I assume it had been milked, but you can never tell.
Tue 12/09/06 at 12:46
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
We've just discovered at least one hedgehog living under the shed.

The missis went out and bought some dog food to feed it on now it's getting colder :)
Mon 21/08/06 at 17:30
Regular
Living in a semi-rural area we get hedgehogs at least once every few months, but they appeared more when the dog was around because they had a taste for dog biscuits.

There's a river at the bottom of the garden and so we get frogs hiding in the garden and ducks flapping around over the house. The amount of trees around means lots of songbirds are around the garden side of the house; which is nice.

We've had around five slow worms in our garden and I always used to keep them as pets. As for snakes; it's only adders around here. Last year I nearly stepped on one and ten years ago I fought a baby one with a stick, as you do.
Fri 18/08/06 at 14:10
Regular
"Mooching around"
I've never seen a 'live' hedgehog either. Seen a snake down the alley-way near me though. I stupidly tried to stroke it, and it dived for my fingers.
Fri 18/08/06 at 13:38
Regular
We live near a lake and have many rabbits hippity-hopping around and darting about. They're pretty fast! Oh, we have lots of ducks, too.. They seem to love crossing the road exactly when I'm in a rush to get to work in the morning. It's a conspiracy, I just know it.
Fri 18/08/06 at 13:26
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Not a seen a hedgehog in forever either. Although we've got badgers nearby and apparently hedgehog = snack food for them so guess that explains it.
Fri 18/08/06 at 12:49
Regular
"..."
Hmm, I've never seen a live hedgehog, but quite a few tend to get squished on the road at the back of my house...
Fri 18/08/06 at 10:04
Regular
My mum came back from the theatre last night to hear a really strange noise outside in the driveway. There was a baby hedgehog, crying. His mummy and little brother were a bit further up the road and he was getting left behind :'(. So my mum got some gloves and took him closer to his mummy. Hopefully they're all safe together now.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.