GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Give the OAP's a games-console!! :)"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 21/04/02 at 13:42
Regular
Have you ever thought of how bored old people must get? If they are in a retirement home then they just sit in their room all day and occasionally get visitors. They dwell on the memories they have and think about the next time they get a visit from the family. For those OAP’s who don’t have families then they have very little things to look forward to. It would be great if all the OAP’s spent their last few years having fun instead of sitting at the window waiting …

Wouldn’t it be great if in every retirement there were a games console! Think how much enjoyment it would bring them. Either racing the streets of Liberty city in their favourite car or competing in the winter Olympics! Some OAP’s don’t have full use of their joints and driving is out of the question. Games could help them get closer to their hobbies that they can no longer do.

A driving game such as WRC could take them into a world far from reality. Not being able to drive must annoy a lot of people especially OAP’s. Driving on some of the meanest dirt tracks in Africa could give them some compensation. Or for the football fan playing in the world cup would be a dream. Also if the OAP’s could play their grandchildren over the Internet on games such as THPS3. I know that most of the games which are out at the moment wouldn’t interest many OAP’s but if there were some new ones made especially for them.

When they were children they didn’t have half as much things as were have nowadays. Children in today’s world have far more than they need to keep them amused. Don’t get me wrong I think its great, but older people now missed out on all this technology and it would be really cool if they could catch up on it through games and graphics.

To play on games such as commandoes 2 would bring memories back to them and on other war games such as medal of honour. If they could get interested I think they would enjoy the games of today’s world.

Just an idea :) what do you think of OAP’s having no games back in their childhood. Wouldn’t it be great if they were playing video games? Their grandchildren could race against them or beat them up in Teken or vies-versa.
:) Give the OAP’s a console.
Mon 22/04/02 at 16:24
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
lol ;D

uurrrrr

what key do I press now

"hello .... nurse ..... I need a weee.....oooopss ... could you bring a cloth please .."
Mon 22/04/02 at 15:59
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
oh bless him, hes forgotten :D
Mon 22/04/02 at 15:45
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I'm a thirty something and will be for a while yet !!!
Mon 22/04/02 at 14:33
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
nh wrote:
> Too true you young whipersnapper - give us the respect we deserve !!

how old r u nh? (just out of curiousity)
Mon 22/04/02 at 14:14
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Too true you young whipersnapper - give us the respect we deserve !!
Mon 22/04/02 at 12:18
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
AbsoluT Neo wrote:
> Dont believe that all gamers are under 20, far from it.
>
> under 20?!
>
> im 22..
>
> *old peoples home here I come..*
>
> :D

Yea I know a lot of people who are over 30 and play games consoles too. :) They usually kick my butt he he
Old gamers are wiser gamers!
Mon 22/04/02 at 12:02
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
> Dont believe that all gamers are under 20, far from it.

under 20?!

im 22..

*old peoples home here I come..*

:D
Mon 22/04/02 at 10:07
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I remember reading in one of the psx mags a few years ago about an old peoples where they did actually have a psx which was used everyday, I dont remember what games they played etc but there are loads of games out there that are perfectly suited to the older generations.

Dont believe that all gamers are under 20, far from it. If you read Snuggly's post in FOG you will see that even in here there are plenty of gamers well into their thirties who have been brought up with games and who will be continuing to play games probably throughout their lives.

Before Video games we were brought up playing cards and board games and have continued to do so, if we are brought up with video games we will continue to play those as well and over the years I am sure we will see games consoles appearing in more and more Old People homes.
Sun 21/04/02 at 19:29
Regular
"**I'm Disposable**"
Yeah I think they would too KR :)
Thanks for reading man :)
Sun 21/04/02 at 19:23
Regular
the older generation would like games like Final Fantasy etc because of the slow paced easynedd of the games

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.