GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your most dissapointing game of 2007"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/01/08 at 18:16
Regular
"8==="
For me it boiled down to these 4:

Two Worlds

So much potential thrown away by greedy investors pushing for an early release (and no doubt a little wary of the AAA line-up competing with the game if they waited any longer). Still what was there was good fun and easy to get to grips with within a few decades.

Assassin's Creed

A good game but extremely over-hyped considering the final product. Hitman in the crusades this is not. Although the sword fighting is great the stealth elements are dumbed down to such an extent that there's little point in not charging-in and getting things quickly and with a lot of noise.

Transformers: The Game

Should've been a great online mech-title with added speed from the vehicle elements. Instead we were offered a rather lazy free-roaming experience with little challenge or fun after about ten minutes play.

Lego Star Wars: TCS

A lazy approach to the new films that lacked any of the humour, originality or downright weirdness of the original title. It seems the original team passed development onto another team who didn't share the same level of enthusiasm for the licence.

And the "winner" is...

Two Worlds

This is purely due to the fact that this game could have been amazing had a little bit more time been spent on it. As it is it's a fun but extremely broken game but it could have been a hell of a lot more. Hopefully Reality Pump will get another shot at making a similar title but I hope for their sake they don't call it Two Worlds 2.

------------------------------

So what's your worst title/titles of 2007?
Wed 09/01/08 at 10:38
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Mine was Mass Effect. Compared to Two Worlds which I spent around 200 hours on Mass Effect was 20 hours for one playthrough and then I didn't feel all that inclined to play though it again for the achievements.

Mass Effect was a fantastic game in terms of production quality and storyline/characterisations etc., but it just didn't turn out to be the life sapper I was hoping for, so disappointing in that regard.
Wed 09/01/08 at 02:03
Regular
"GAMING"
GEARS OF WAR ON PC COZ INSTALLATION IS SMOOTH RUNNING IT IS A DIFFERENT STORY ALTOGHTER
Mon 07/01/08 at 21:50
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Portal

I only bought the Orange Box in december so I'd read all the reviews/hype well before hand. It was quite good and clever but hardly the game of the year (as some sites have named it).
So yeah, disappointed by it.

Bioshock

I was expecting a spiritual successor to System Shock (as proclaimed by the developers themselves). To receive a FPS in its place was something of a let down.
Mon 07/01/08 at 21:22
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Yeah, have to say none of my games have disappointed me yet. Having little money to spend on games really helps you choose the right one. :-P
Mon 07/01/08 at 19:54
Regular
"Mooching around"
Haven't had one really, I choose my games wisely :)
Mon 07/01/08 at 19:50
Regular
The easyness is there to allow casual gamers to get in on the action aswell methinks.

My biggest letdown: UT3

Why? My computer is too suckish to run it.
Mon 07/01/08 at 19:47
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
i think mario galaxy has been a bit of a letdown for me. I dont get what all the fuss has been about. Its basically just mario sunshine in space, and to be honest i preferred sunshine. It just seems a bit empty to play, i know you are in space and everything, but its hardly the most liveliest of places. I think i just need to play it more and maybe itll get better. also does anyone else find it really easy?
Mon 07/01/08 at 18:16
Regular
"8==="
For me it boiled down to these 4:

Two Worlds

So much potential thrown away by greedy investors pushing for an early release (and no doubt a little wary of the AAA line-up competing with the game if they waited any longer). Still what was there was good fun and easy to get to grips with within a few decades.

Assassin's Creed

A good game but extremely over-hyped considering the final product. Hitman in the crusades this is not. Although the sword fighting is great the stealth elements are dumbed down to such an extent that there's little point in not charging-in and getting things quickly and with a lot of noise.

Transformers: The Game

Should've been a great online mech-title with added speed from the vehicle elements. Instead we were offered a rather lazy free-roaming experience with little challenge or fun after about ten minutes play.

Lego Star Wars: TCS

A lazy approach to the new films that lacked any of the humour, originality or downright weirdness of the original title. It seems the original team passed development onto another team who didn't share the same level of enthusiasm for the licence.

And the "winner" is...

Two Worlds

This is purely due to the fact that this game could have been amazing had a little bit more time been spent on it. As it is it's a fun but extremely broken game but it could have been a hell of a lot more. Hopefully Reality Pump will get another shot at making a similar title but I hope for their sake they don't call it Two Worlds 2.

------------------------------

So what's your worst title/titles of 2007?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.