GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What PSone or PS2 Games would make great Movies."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/04/02 at 15:13
Regular
Many great games have been relesed on the PSone and PS2, but which games would turn into Blockbuster Movies. Here are a few ideas:

Metal Gear Solid:
But I hit a problem with this one. Who would be a good actor to play snake. I thought Keanu Reeves might be good, but im not certain that he would look any good as Snake.

Silent Hill:
This would make a good Horror movie, because they have already started production on a Resident Evil Movie, and Silent Hill has the Atmosphere (I think thats how you spell it)and the storyline to make a good film.

Driver:
This has all the right stuff to make an easy hit as a movie.

Grand Theft Auto:
Same as Driver, but this would have a lot more in it as far as a movie goes. But base it on the game, main character working for different gang.

Is there any more PSone or PS2 games that would make a hit movie?
Wed 24/04/02 at 10:13
Regular
"Amphib-ophile"
I think Star Wars: The Phantom Menace would be a superb movie. It's got all the aspects of a great film: laser swords, laser guns, an evil boss with a 'double-bladed' laser sword and even a queen who has to be rescued.

Just like a fairy story.
Wed 24/04/02 at 10:11
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
Who would make a good Snake then. And which cast would fill out the rest of Metal Gear Solid?
Wed 24/04/02 at 09:49
The Dark one wrote:
> Many great games have been relesed on the PSone and PS2, but which
> games would turn into Blockbuster Movies. Here are a few ideas:
>
> Metal Gear Solid:
> But I hit a problem with this one. Who would be a good actor to play
> snake. I thought Keanu Reeves might be good, but im not certain that
> he would look any good as Snake.
>
> Silent Hill:
> This would make a good Horror movie, because they have already started
> production on a Resident Evil Movie, and Silent Hill has the
> Atmosphere (I think thats how you spell it)and the storyline to make a
> good film.
>
> Driver:
> This has all the right stuff to make an easy hit as a movie.
>
> Grand Theft Auto:
> Same as Driver, but this would have a lot more in it as far as a movie
> goes. But base it on the game, main character working for different
> gang.
>
> Is there any more PSone or PS2 games that would make a hit movie?

definatly not keanu reeves as snake he would be rubbish.
Mon 22/04/02 at 21:13
Regular
"simpsons rule"
there are loads of good games what would make great movies but i think theses three would be great
1. red faction
2. max payne
3. grand theft auto 3 (exellent game):D
Mon 22/04/02 at 19:58
I reckon Parappa the Rapper would make a good comedy.
The back of the DVD case would read:

Join Parappa the Rapper the 2D noodle hating dog as he goes on his quest to impress a talking sunflower!!!Join his friends which include Mr.2D onion man and fat 2D chef man who talks to drink machines!!!!!!!

Idiot Movies calls this the movie of the year
while incredibly stupid movie rater gives it 10/10 for its graphics!!!!!
Mon 22/04/02 at 19:19
Regular
"~yo dadio"
i think grand theft auto 3 would make a great movie two watch
Mon 22/04/02 at 11:57
Regular
My mate skindop reckons Spyro is cool and wud be a good movie. be cause he has nice winkie.
Mon 22/04/02 at 09:58
Regular
The Dark one wrote:
> Anyway, I have read in the
> OPSM2 that Hideo Kojima said that Russell Crowe would make a good
> Solid Snake.

Russell Crowe! lol! I don`t think that`d be a good idea. He always focuses on more emotional "soft on the inside hard on the outside" performances, where as snake needs to be hard inside and out.
Mon 22/04/02 at 09:56
Regular
The Dark one wrote:
> Who would be a good actor to play
> snake. I thought Keanu Reeves might be good, but im not certain that
> he would look any good as Snake.

He might be alright as Raiden if he put on a blond wig. However, he just isn`t anywhere near tough enough to play Snake. Snake needs to be somebody like Kurt Russell, except taller and thinner.

> Driver:
> This has all the right stuff to make an easy hit as a movie.

I dunno if thats the kind of plot anybody has any interest in. Its not particularly original, and it`d be hard pressed to make itself look better than the many other action/racing movies around.

> Grand Theft Auto:
> Same as Driver, but this would have a lot more in it as far as a movie
> goes. But base it on the game, main character working for different
> gang.

Same again, I`m not sure the plot works as a movie. It`d have to be cut down loads, and then the bits that are left would have to be vastly improved. Nobody wants to watch some loser gradually becoming the most violent guy in town.

Other non-movie games -
FPSs.
Beat `em ups. I`m not a Rocky fan.
Football games. There is enough tv wasted on football already.
Sports of any kind, especially football.
RPGs. These tend to be long slow plots that suit games, but just don`t work as movies. The Final Fantasy movie had to be vastly different from the game to work... and even then, its didn`t quite have it.
Platformers. That`d be funny to see... but not a good movie. Jump... jump... fall off... jump... jump... bounce boss etc...

I think the only decent gaming genre >> movie conversion is for action adventures. Tomb Raider could have been good, and Resident Evil is supposed to BE good. Why there is a movie called Crazy Taxi I do not know. I`d love to know what ideas they have as a plot.
Mon 22/04/02 at 09:38
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
What kind off stupid remark was that! Anyway, I have read in the OPSM2 that Hideo Kojima said that Russell Crowe would make a good Solid Snake. Im not so sure about this, what do you people think.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.