GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What PSone or PS2 Games would make great Movies."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 20/04/02 at 15:13
Regular
Many great games have been relesed on the PSone and PS2, but which games would turn into Blockbuster Movies. Here are a few ideas:

Metal Gear Solid:
But I hit a problem with this one. Who would be a good actor to play snake. I thought Keanu Reeves might be good, but im not certain that he would look any good as Snake.

Silent Hill:
This would make a good Horror movie, because they have already started production on a Resident Evil Movie, and Silent Hill has the Atmosphere (I think thats how you spell it)and the storyline to make a good film.

Driver:
This has all the right stuff to make an easy hit as a movie.

Grand Theft Auto:
Same as Driver, but this would have a lot more in it as far as a movie goes. But base it on the game, main character working for different gang.

Is there any more PSone or PS2 games that would make a hit movie?
Sat 20/04/02 at 15:13
Regular
"Woo Hoo!"
Many great games have been relesed on the PSone and PS2, but which games would turn into Blockbuster Movies. Here are a few ideas:

Metal Gear Solid:
But I hit a problem with this one. Who would be a good actor to play snake. I thought Keanu Reeves might be good, but im not certain that he would look any good as Snake.

Silent Hill:
This would make a good Horror movie, because they have already started production on a Resident Evil Movie, and Silent Hill has the Atmosphere (I think thats how you spell it)and the storyline to make a good film.

Driver:
This has all the right stuff to make an easy hit as a movie.

Grand Theft Auto:
Same as Driver, but this would have a lot more in it as far as a movie goes. But base it on the game, main character working for different gang.

Is there any more PSone or PS2 games that would make a hit movie?
Sat 20/04/02 at 15:53
Regular
Driver is actually a film already, the reason the game "had all the right stuff to be a film" was because it was a film already :D
Sat 20/04/02 at 15:58
Regular
and hugh jackman would play snake (wolverine out of X MEN)
Sat 20/04/02 at 17:02
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Syphon filter would make a good action film. Its got a good plot (not as good as MGS mind), and plenty of locations for shootouts. It'll probably be more of a throwaway action flick when compared to Metal Gear though.
Sat 20/04/02 at 17:11
Regular
yeah, that would also be a great film, what about the new TOCA game that would be a decent flick.
Sat 20/04/02 at 17:15
"Right!!!!!™"
Red Faction and max payne would make great movies :D
Sat 20/04/02 at 17:21
Regular
"A man with a stick"
KR wrote:
> yeah, that would also be a great film, what about the new TOCA game
> that would be a decent flick.

Toca the film. Not a bad idea, the only problem is there haven't been that many successful racing movies which have a seperate storyline to the racing. I think it would make a great film though, only if it was made properly.
Sat 20/04/02 at 17:24
Regular
"A man with a stick"
† Ð㥠Wålké® † wrote:
> Red Faction and max payne would make great movies :D

Max Payne 'is' being made into a movie. I only know its been announced so far, I don't know whoes going to direct and star in the film. Hopefullt it won't be a cash-in, since like you said day walker, it would make a great film.
Sat 20/04/02 at 17:25
Regular
Resident Evil would make a good film

*brother whispers something*

Errrr....
Sat 20/04/02 at 23:31
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
id like to see someone make a movie about tetris

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.