GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"GAMEADAY CHALLENGE - 2 x £30 - and the WINNERS are..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 04/01/08 at 23:08
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Cruising home in 1st and 2nd place were....

Alfonse

and

Silent Thunder

Well done chaps, I'll see if I can get you on the winners board ASAP.

Don't forget, you can win a £30 Gameaday prize any day of the week, every week, just by chatting.

Original message:

Games Week, New Year Competition.

The TWO people who chat and post the most on the GAMES Forums between 00:01 am Saturday January 5th, and 23.59 pm on Friday January 11th will BOTH receive a £30 GAD prize. (normal rules apply)

Judging will tend to ignore spam and long purposeless posts.

Content needs to be mostly about games, as this is not intended to turn the Games Forum into a general chat room.

Good Luck

Apparently we, as a nation, spent more on games than ever in 2007. Which games were good value and which ones did you waste your money (or vouchers) on?
Sun 06/01/08 at 00:09
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
trish wrote:
> Another mentionable unmentionable has to be those Brain Training
> games, yeah it asks are you left or right handed, fair enough,
> but does it work if youre left handed. NO IT DOESNT!

I have mixed feelings about this. On the one hand some people have trouble using it, and the menu system cannot easily be navigated by the older people it is most likely to help. But on the other hand (excuse pun) most right handed people can get used to writing correctly for it, and it can help with fine motor skills and speed of writing in the practice needed to get it right.

But most importantly it gets people thinking at a speed they never normally think at. It really does get the little grey cells to light up, and therefore the product has to be given merit.
Sat 05/01/08 at 23:14
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Biggest waste in 2007: umm, a few, Hotel Dusk, made me fall asleep on more than one occassion, such a shame, I was looking forward to that one for ages, waited patiently when it was put back, got it on release day, that night, I had the best nights sleep of my life heh.

Another mentionable unmentionable has to be those Brain Training games, yeah it asks are you left or right handed, fair enough, but does it work if youre left handed. NO IT DOESNT! And why? Because most of us lefties on account of how we hold a pen lean on the paper, or in this case screen, to write, we have to, our wrist locks when we write, and so the game keeps interpreting that as you writing something and constantly tells you youre wrong because of a stupid squiggle on the screen it has read as a 7! Urgh!
Sat 05/01/08 at 19:15
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
Silent Thunder wrote:
> Hehe, so when they said they bought it for 'you'...

They bought me a ringtone for Christmas!

No 3 son bought Transformers and Ridge Racer 6 for (my) Xbox 360 today from Game Pre-owned. Well actually he had a watch for Christmas from Debenhams which packed up after three days, so he took it back, chose a more expensive one instead, but that was in the sale, so it worked out cheaper, so they gave him a gift voucher for the difference, which he redeemed in Game for Transformers and Ridge Racer 6, as Game is inside the Debenhams store, so they accept Debenhams vouchers. Mind you, No 2 son paid the other half which the vouchers did not cover.
Sat 05/01/08 at 18:41
"possibly impossible"
phuzzy wrote:
> Xbox Camera with Live eh? May have to have a look...

Works out only £10 more than the 12 month Live anyway, so I suppose it's pretty good.
Sat 05/01/08 at 18:37
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Xbox Camera with Live eh? May have to have a look...
Sat 05/01/08 at 18:23
"possibly impossible"
Good idea Tony and nice to see you posting. Hope you had a good Christmas and New Year.

Halo3 a disappointment? Well, I suppose it depends what you want from it. I loved it. The story wasn't that strong but it kept me playing and the multiplayer is second only to COD4, no point unless you have Live, of course, but then that's the same with most Xbox 360 games.

I didn't get any games for Christmas, or money. I'd bought a 360 HD-DVD player before Christmas and any money we had left over went on the plane/car hire to see the relatives at Christmas. I should be getting Planet Earth on Blu-ray though and I got GH3 just before Christmas, so can't complain.

Happy to have won a GAD recently too, which will pay for my Xbox Live for another year (as Amazon see fit to only supply it with a camera for £50, but then I want the camera anyway).
Sat 05/01/08 at 18:18
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Garin wrote:
> phuzzy wrote:
> Rogue Galaxy was a waste of Virgin vouchers on PS2.
>
> :O
>
> Take that back!! Rogue Galaxy is great!

I tried my very best to love Rogue Galaxy, I really did. But the even worse than normal voice acting and stale gameplay just killed it. Don't get me wrong, Dark Chronicle is fantastic and I had such high hopes. Gutted that it didn't stir the same awe in me as DC.
Sat 05/01/08 at 15:56
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
There was no way Halo 3 was going to live up to that much hype. I thought it was good though. Much better than Halo 2 anyway. Halo 3 wasn't going to win Game of the Year in my book but I wouldn't rate it a total failure gameplay wise.
Sat 05/01/08 at 15:12
Regular
It wasn't really hard to see that Halo 3 wasn't going to be good, it must be the most overhyped game of all time.
Sat 05/01/08 at 14:58
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Halo 3 really is quite poor, i finally gave in and bought it along with Call of Duty 4 and COD4 really just beats it in every area. Halo 3 is just a standard utterly generic shooter that for some reason is made out to be the best game ever even though it's completely average.

Oh and Rogue Galaxy does suck :-D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.