GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My other console is a ........"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 18/04/02 at 20:45
Regular
After Microsoft's Xbox price cut today, I wondered how many PS2 owners have got one or intend to get one? And who's going for a GC? Anyone for all three? And more to the point, how does the PS2 fit into your multiconsole plans?
Wed 24/04/02 at 09:00
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Well I'm gonna be getting a Gamecube, aswell as my newly purchased PS2!

I believe in owning these two consoles you are going to get the best selection of games out there. The X-Box doesn't attract me in teh slightest because like Wookie said, there just isn't really that many good games on that machine. And if you talk to an X-Box owner they can't tell you any good games on the way!

Be smart, buy a Gamecube!

:)
Wed 24/04/02 at 08:30
Regular
"simpsons rule"
i will not be purchasing either as i have my ps2 and i will not leave it out lol i dont really like the xbox or the gc
Mon 22/04/02 at 22:41
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
X box very very soon oh and my dreamcast as i won't let it die LOL

the x box game line up is the best i've seen so far.
Mon 22/04/02 at 17:31
Gamecube...

I made the decision over the weekend, the Nintendo dropped the price today. Cheers Nintendo! ;-)
Fri 19/04/02 at 20:15
Regular
Well i am a little annoyed because if i knew that XBOX was going to be reduced down to £199 i would of waited and got an XBOX and not a PS2 but looks like i will stick with my PS2 because it's not worth selling it now as i will only be ripped off and I've had it for 4 months so thats not long.

As for Microsoft giving a controller and 2 games most people who got XBOX's would have already got the games they want and probably wouldn't want another controller so i think they should let them have a voucher or cash refund for the value of the Controller and 2 games.

I would have got a Gamecube if it was out before Christmas and so would nearly all my friends but the wait got the better of us and we all got PS2s because of MGS2 and other games which i now regret as i have seen the XBOX and GC games which will be out by the end of the year and they do look very good.

Well that's just my opinion I'm sure someone will disagree with me but thats the great thing about the forums everyone has different opinions and not many people feel the same about things.
Fri 19/04/02 at 20:06
They are both amazing.
Fri 19/04/02 at 20:05
Wookie, get RalliSport challenge and Dead Or Alive 3 off the list but get Max Apyne anyway, that game is my favourite of all time and the X-BOX does it proud!
Fri 19/04/02 at 18:38
Regular
"Whatever!"
Im more interested now in getting an X-Box - Ive got a GameCube on order at the moment though and will take things from there!! I may end up with all three eventually!!
Fri 19/04/02 at 12:48
Well I'm thinking 'Should I get an Xbox next Friday, or a GameCube the Friday after?'.

Xbox is more cutting edge, but as has been mentioned it seems to be aimed at a market somewhere between PS2 and PC, which I both have. The GameCube on the other hand is coming from a different place entirely. Either way, my PS2 is in regular usage, and isn't about to be confined to some dusty shelf.

I need to do some more research. As I'm in a console no man's land at the moment....
Fri 19/04/02 at 11:05
Regular
"Back For Good"
maybe when the price comes down a little more and they get some worthwhile games ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.