GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone wanna buy a kidney?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/04/02 at 20:09
Regular
I went home for 3 weeks uni hols recently, and whilst at home I decided to use 'Freeola' as my ISP. Then yesterday my Dad got the phone bill. £132. 132 freaking pounds sterling!!! Surely that isn't humanly possible!? You might remember the other week that I posted about my 'Freeola' dialup being inconsistent and disconnecting - well I believe that was the source of the problem. I refuse to believe that I was on the internet for that amount of time. Think about it, if I was on the internet for 8 hours at 1p a minute, then that would come to £4.80, plus the odd 5p here and there for connections. Then I could only use the internet for about 5 days of the week, so that's 15 days out of the 21 I was home. So at about a fiver, for 15 days, that would come to around £75. BUT I WAS ONLY ON THE 'NET FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS EVERYDAY. I think NTL have made a mistake with our phone bill. If they haven't, then I'm in for a right whooping from my Dad, but I still can't believe that anyone would use the internet that much. One thing that didn't help was the constant 'disconnect, reconnect' routine that I had to endure with 'Freeola'. But even that would only add on a couple of quid at 5p a pop.

So back to my original point - does anyone need a kidney?
Thu 18/04/02 at 10:07
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> If everyone could spare any part of their body we could make
> FOG-instein's Monster.
>
> Which gender should it be

Can we put a beak on it? Pleeeeease....
Thu 18/04/02 at 10:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
And then Squrri the Squirrel went "Neep Neep Neep" all the way home.
Thu 18/04/02 at 09:58
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Looks like I'll be selling my body to medical science then...or sailors :(
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:17
"period drama"
I'm not volenteering for that part
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:15
Regular
what gender?
depends if mystique wants to help
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:12
"period drama"
If everyone could spare any part of their body we could make
FOG-instein's Monster.

Which gender should it be
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:11
"Mimmargh!"
I'll swap your kidney for my pair of gills?
Deal?
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:09
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I went home for 3 weeks uni hols recently, and whilst at home I decided to use 'Freeola' as my ISP. Then yesterday my Dad got the phone bill. £132. 132 freaking pounds sterling!!! Surely that isn't humanly possible!? You might remember the other week that I posted about my 'Freeola' dialup being inconsistent and disconnecting - well I believe that was the source of the problem. I refuse to believe that I was on the internet for that amount of time. Think about it, if I was on the internet for 8 hours at 1p a minute, then that would come to £4.80, plus the odd 5p here and there for connections. Then I could only use the internet for about 5 days of the week, so that's 15 days out of the 21 I was home. So at about a fiver, for 15 days, that would come to around £75. BUT I WAS ONLY ON THE 'NET FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS EVERYDAY. I think NTL have made a mistake with our phone bill. If they haven't, then I'm in for a right whooping from my Dad, but I still can't believe that anyone would use the internet that much. One thing that didn't help was the constant 'disconnect, reconnect' routine that I had to endure with 'Freeola'. But even that would only add on a couple of quid at 5p a pop.

So back to my original point - does anyone need a kidney?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.