GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Does anyone wanna buy a kidney?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/04/02 at 20:09
Regular
I went home for 3 weeks uni hols recently, and whilst at home I decided to use 'Freeola' as my ISP. Then yesterday my Dad got the phone bill. £132. 132 freaking pounds sterling!!! Surely that isn't humanly possible!? You might remember the other week that I posted about my 'Freeola' dialup being inconsistent and disconnecting - well I believe that was the source of the problem. I refuse to believe that I was on the internet for that amount of time. Think about it, if I was on the internet for 8 hours at 1p a minute, then that would come to £4.80, plus the odd 5p here and there for connections. Then I could only use the internet for about 5 days of the week, so that's 15 days out of the 21 I was home. So at about a fiver, for 15 days, that would come to around £75. BUT I WAS ONLY ON THE 'NET FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS EVERYDAY. I think NTL have made a mistake with our phone bill. If they haven't, then I'm in for a right whooping from my Dad, but I still can't believe that anyone would use the internet that much. One thing that didn't help was the constant 'disconnect, reconnect' routine that I had to endure with 'Freeola'. But even that would only add on a couple of quid at 5p a pop.

So back to my original point - does anyone need a kidney?
Thu 18/04/02 at 13:02
Regular
"Back in black"
Ill give you a GRAND for your Kidney, mine isn't to good you see! So, how about it?

Actually, I'll swap Goatboys horns (he gets to horny you see) for a brand spanking new kidney!!

C'mon... deal?
Thu 18/04/02 at 12:19
Regular
"I confused?"
Goatboy wrote:
> And then Squrri the Squirrel went "Neep Neep Neep" all the
> way home.

You quote the second series of blackadder too much.
Thu 18/04/02 at 11:38
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
monkey_man wrote:
> It was local call rates and it was during the day.

According to the BT site, a 1 hour local rate call suring the week would cost £2.37 (thats including VAT)

So I'd suppose you would just need to times that by the number of hours spend online?
Thu 18/04/02 at 11:30
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Armatige Shanks wrote:
> monkey_man wrote:
> if I was on the internet for 8 hours at 1p a minute,
>
> Only off peak... and even then its more than a penny a minute... what
> times where you using it?

It was local call rates and it was during the day.
Thu 18/04/02 at 11:03
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
monkey_man wrote:
> if I was on the internet for 8 hours at 1p a minute,

Only off peak... and even then its more than a penny a minute... what times where you using it?
Thu 18/04/02 at 10:24
it will come in the mail this monday. it's slightly damaged from booze though.
Thu 18/04/02 at 10:21
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Click on the red link that says 'edit your details' and scroll down. Easy. Now give me your kidney!
Thu 18/04/02 at 10:13
Ok, then whats the address
Thu 18/04/02 at 10:12
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
If you let me sell your kidney to pay my phone bill then I'll tell ya.
Thu 18/04/02 at 10:10
i'll give someone my kidney if they tell me
'How to get a tagline under my name?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.