GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"X-Box a flp or not"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 17/04/02 at 14:21
Regular
Is the XBox a flop or not. Everybody had been waiting for this next gen console to come out.When it was released people were flooding to get one in the shops but then about a month later I went into a games shop and there were loads of consoles still avaible. Then when I wondered is XBox was a flop.

I'm not sure everybody thinks that but I've heard that the machines scatches the disk and the games aren't as good as they are made out to be. The only games that I think are good is Obi-Wan, Halo and Gta3 that actually push Xbox's power to the limit. I know that they're are rivals like the Playstation 2 and the longely awaited Gamecube but I don't think the Xbox will survive even as long as the Dreamcast did.

My verdict is that I think it is a flop and I'm sure people think differently about it but wouldn't you think a 733MHz proceesor would do a better jobs of entertaining.
Thu 18/04/02 at 19:42
I just hope the price drop secures the x-box from being a flop thats all
Thu 18/04/02 at 19:28
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Kane52 wrote:
> IF Microsoft are making the Xbox why are they concentrating on the Pc
> nd not on the Xbox

But they make Windows and a few other things and thats it. They dont make PC's, Microsoft just make the OS for them. Plus its a different department. Its like saying "Sony make the PS2 but why are they concentrating on TVs, Video Players, DVD Players, Hi-Fis, Discmans, Walkmans e.t.c."
Thu 18/04/02 at 19:26
Regular
"Time 2 play the gur"
savatt1668 wrote:
> With Ninties Laughing at us with all the their "Original"
> games
> ;)
>
>
> Well they "were" original ages ago. 10 years later when the
> same games have come out over and over again with better graphics, it
> gets a bit boring.
>
> The only real difference I see with Mario Sunshine over Mario 64 is
> that its a little busier and Mario has a bloody backpack.
>
> Zelda, same story no doubt but with Cel shading instead.
>
> Luigi's Mansion is something new, but at the same time it can be
> beaten in 4 hours apparently - hardly much to cry with joy about.
>
> Resident Evil looks really nice, but at the same time its a remake
> again, which isn't too good when this is being pushed as one of the
> best titles on the way. Fair enough if it was only released on PS2
> recently, but its an old PS1 game.
>
> Pikmin looks weird but innovative. Only see a limited crowd going for
> this game though.
>
> Monkey Ball. Looks good, but I think a lot of older gamers will look
> the other way because of the cutesy image of it.
>
> Starfox won't be out for ages by the looks of it, same with Perfect
> Dark. By the time these arrive there will be more than enough games
> to compete with them.
>
> Looking at the list of upcoming games, there really isn't a hell of a
> lot on the way as far as numbers go. No doubt some will say quality
> over quantity but even that can be questioned when a lot of titles are
> just old games in new wrapping. Star Wars Rogue Leader is the only
> game on the GC that really stands out as a game that will appeal to a
> lot of different people. If I was given a GC, thats about the only
> game I'd be bothered about owning. Right now Nintendo have failed to
> get me interested.
i agree with this guy hes got some good points in his words and posts
Thu 18/04/02 at 19:24
IF Microsoft are making the Xbox why are they concentrating on the Pc nd not on the Xbox
Thu 18/04/02 at 19:20
Why are Xbox not selling if its suppose to be the best console you tell me then.
Thu 18/04/02 at 15:43
Regular
"yamahapkowner.com"
come on its Microsoft, they want to rule the world :)
Thu 18/04/02 at 15:41
Why is Microsoft trying to make the Xbox then when they own the PC aswell
Wed 17/04/02 at 23:50
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Silent85 wrote:
> With Ninties Laughing at us with all the their "Original"
> games
> ;)

Well they "were" original ages ago. 10 years later when the same games have come out over and over again with better graphics, it gets a bit boring.

The only real difference I see with Mario Sunshine over Mario 64 is that its a little busier and Mario has a bloody backpack.

Zelda, same story no doubt but with Cel shading instead.

Luigi's Mansion is something new, but at the same time it can be beaten in 4 hours apparently - hardly much to cry with joy about.

Resident Evil looks really nice, but at the same time its a remake again, which isn't too good when this is being pushed as one of the best titles on the way. Fair enough if it was only released on PS2 recently, but its an old PS1 game.

Pikmin looks weird but innovative. Only see a limited crowd going for this game though.

Monkey Ball. Looks good, but I think a lot of older gamers will look the other way because of the cutesy image of it.

Starfox won't be out for ages by the looks of it, same with Perfect Dark. By the time these arrive there will be more than enough games to compete with them.

Looking at the list of upcoming games, there really isn't a hell of a lot on the way as far as numbers go. No doubt some will say quality over quantity but even that can be questioned when a lot of titles are just old games in new wrapping. Star Wars Rogue Leader is the only game on the GC that really stands out as a game that will appeal to a lot of different people. If I was given a GC, thats about the only game I'd be bothered about owning. Right now Nintendo have failed to get me interested.
Wed 17/04/02 at 23:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Kane52 wrote:
> i know the xbox is a really good console but even pc magazines are
> saying xboxs not that good

Thats because they're as bitter as hell because games like Halo, that PC owners have been drooling over for ages have been put back for ages. This being because Microsoft want them as exclusives for the X-Box.
Wed 17/04/02 at 23:09
savatt1668 wrote:
> Kane52 wrote:
> XBox is a flop but the some of the games like Halo aren't. I think
> Halo would be much better on PC
>
>
> So lets see here, X-Box is a flop while Halo has been doing well ?
> Veeeeeery interesting to picture all these daft gits that have bought
> Halo, but not a console to play it on. Hmmmmmmmm.

With Ninties Laughing at us with all the their "Original" games
;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.