GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"MOST dissapointing game ending?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/04/02 at 10:04
Regular
What game ever created has the worst ending in your opinion???

For me it has to be the recently released Golden Sun for the gameboy advance. All that happens is the characters sail away on a boat with the words "to be continued..." I was sooo dissapointed.
Tue 16/04/02 at 19:42
Regular
i didnt mind red factions ending too much because overall the game was excellent
Tue 16/04/02 at 20:22
"MMMMM, Chicken"
final fantasy 7, because it was built up so well, but after beating sephiroth it sucks, it doesnt tell you about any characters other than red, and your fobbed by having earth heal itself with bouncing streams of green energy. pretty crappy in my opinion
Tue 16/04/02 at 20:38
I thought that maybe not the most dissapointing and boring ending was (and i know someone will disagree) Metal GEar Solid 2. THe reasoning is that because they have so obviously set themselves up for an addition or MGS3 plus you had to watch that whole clip about passing on more than genes and then you HAVE to watch all the credits which last for at least 10 mins! So in my opinion that makes it a well bad ending
Wed 17/04/02 at 17:53
Regular
"95% organic"
Shenmue on the Dreamcast had an extremely annoying ending. It didn't provide any conclusion to the game you had spent hours finishing, just pressured you into buying the sequel. I think a game should feel complete in its own right, regardless of possible sequels etc and that this was an extremely cheeky way to end a game.
Wed 17/04/02 at 18:20
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Metal Gear Solid 2 has a pretty shocking ending, it's too long, and it's a load of rubbish too!

However, I've only played a few games that actually have decent endings!
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:03
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
illzen wrote:
> Shenmue on the Dreamcast had an extremely annoying ending. It didn't
> provide any conclusion to the game you had spent hours finishing, just
> pressured you into buying the sequel. I think a game should feel
> complete in its own right, regardless of possible sequels etc and that
> this was an extremely cheeky way to end a game.

I liked the ending. Lan Di got away which was obviously good for the sequel and you didn't find much out. That left you desperately wanting the next game. Okay, it's out of order if you didn't like the game and therefore didn't want the sequel, but I loved the game and wanted the sequel.

The sequel's ending though, WAS crap. All magical and stuff! The fourth disc was the most boring disc EVER! You just had to walk through a forest.

"Oooh, so exciting!"

(I have decided that I am going to incorperate that Blade 2 line into as many posts as I can)
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:14
Regular
I would have to say that MGS2 has one of the worst endings in my gaming history that was pretty bad but what do you expect from an overhyped game.
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:18
Regular
"All about the Beats"
Milner wrote:
> What game ever created has the worst ending in your opinion???
>
> For me it has to be the recently released Golden Sun for the gameboy
> advance. All that happens is the characters sail away on a boat with
> the words "to be continued..." I was sooo dissapointed.

Is there any point in me playing it through now i know what happens at the end?
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:26
Regular
Vottanator wrote:
"Oooh, so exciting!"

I have decided that I am going to incorperate that Blade 2 line into
as many posts as I can)

*points to tag* ;)
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:37
Regular
"say hello to parsle"
Vottanator wrote:
> The sequel's ending though, WAS crap. All magical and stuff! The
> fourth disc was the most boring disc EVER! You just had to walk
> through a forest.
>
> "Oooh, so exciting!"

Yep, I totally agree, the 4th disc absolutely sucked. It felt like the developers had made the walk as long as possible so the 4th disc didn't seem like a complete waste of space! It would have been great if once you arrived in the village you actually met the villagers rather than just staying at Shenhua's house for a bit. The ending was crap too, whereas the originals was great!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.