GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"mgs2 stinks"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 16/04/02 at 07:55
Regular
mgs2 stinks i completed it in 7 hours i thought it would be more challenging but i guess not
Thu 18/04/02 at 20:06
Regular
"round the outside"
i wouldnt be any good if i wasnt like the old game
Thu 18/04/02 at 17:43
"Right!!!!!™"
Asher D wrote:
> Silent85 wrote:
> Its all down to opinion really everyone is an individual
>
> yeah, to me it was awesome but to others it was too similar to the
> original.
>
> Although come on, metal gear is great!
> The realisticness is better than any other videogame to date, the
> graphics are good, if not the best on PS2. The gameplay is great, and
> playing with the guards is top fun.
> The lifespan is there, not in a greeat amount, but you probably spent
> so much time on it that it seemed shorter than it really was.

True is that the case reynolds?
Thu 18/04/02 at 16:25
Regular
Silent85 wrote:
> Its all down to opinion really everyone is an individual

yeah, to me it was awesome but to others it was too similar to the original.

Although come on, metal gear is great!
The realisticness is better than any other videogame to date, the graphics are good, if not the best on PS2. The gameplay is great, and playing with the guards is top fun.
The lifespan is there, not in a greeat amount, but you probably spent so much time on it that it seemed shorter than it really was.
Tue 16/04/02 at 19:20
"Right!!!!!™"
It's ok but it aint my favourite ps2 game mine is GTA3.
Tue 16/04/02 at 19:09
Regular
I think that MGS2 is the best game on the PS2. It doesn't take hardly any time at all to complete now, so I just play it to get the dog tags.
Tue 16/04/02 at 19:06
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
MGS2 is an easy game until you get to Extreme mode, and even then it isn't THAT difficult. The hardest bit was the button bashing bit where Solidus chokes you. Still, I can do that whenever now so Extreme is pretty easy too.

I admit some of the bosses did cause me a bit of trouble of on Hard mode but that is only because I tried to complete it without using any rations at all, which I did successfully.

European Extreme though, must be close to impossible. I'd prefer a more varied set of difficulties really. Very Easy, Easy, Normal and Hard are all pretty easy (it's difficult to die on Very Easy!). Extreme is a bit more of a challenge but still not AS challenging as I'd like it. And then European Extreme takes a huge leap, a lot harder than I'd like. Spread them out a bit more!

Anyway, I haven't played MGS2 in quite a while now. I got all the dog tags on all difficulties and then went through once more on Normal mode without using any guns at all (except for when you have no choice, eg. shooting laser panels, shooting bosses). I just broke all the guard's necks. After that, I had no urge to play through again. I had completed it at least 10 times by that time of course.

Tomorrow, I should get Shadowman 2 anyway....
Tue 16/04/02 at 18:54
Regular
I found it abit dissapointing, but then i know people who are still playing it through because they love it.
Tue 16/04/02 at 18:16
Its all down to opinion really everyone is an individual
Tue 16/04/02 at 17:19
Regular
Following your words i went and smelt my metal gear 2 disc and found no particular foul essence about it.
Tue 16/04/02 at 17:03
Oh dear, I managed to c0ck it up aswell :P

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.