GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Lara Croft: bigger but not better"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/04/02 at 11:32
Regular
Lara Croft has once again got even bigger, but not as a star, i mean her breasts, is this the 5th game? ah well i aint a fan of the games but this time the game appears to be the worst (hence the title) i have not actually heard that much abou it but i think the graphics could be better from what i have seen, i ca't comment on the gameplay as i have never played it, but now it seems Lara is more famous for her breasts that her games! lol
Mon 15/04/02 at 11:32
Regular
"Final Fantasy Man"
Lara Croft has once again got even bigger, but not as a star, i mean her breasts, is this the 5th game? ah well i aint a fan of the games but this time the game appears to be the worst (hence the title) i have not actually heard that much abou it but i think the graphics could be better from what i have seen, i ca't comment on the gameplay as i have never played it, but now it seems Lara is more famous for her breasts that her games! lol
Mon 15/04/02 at 11:36
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
I think it's way to early to comment on the game yet as only a few screenshots have been issued and they don't look to bad (The screenshots !!).

From what I have read so far though, core seem to be taking on board alot of the criticisms from the latter games so hopefully the gameplay will go back closer to the first game. Time will tell.
Mon 15/04/02 at 12:06
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I wasn't a fan of any of the earlier tomb raider games, but I think the next gen version looks good. I'll give it a try when its released and see if plays as good as everyone says it does.
Mon 15/04/02 at 12:30
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
More bigger?

she's gona explode soon...

ive never really been interested in the Tomb Raider Games.
Mon 15/04/02 at 12:43
"High polygon count"
From what I've read so far, I am extremely interested in the next Tomb Raider. The game seems heavily influenced by MGS1 & 2 with the stealth elements, and actually has a proper storyline.

The story has apparently been written as a book (I think professional scriptwriters have been involved), and the game is just the first of three planned chapters.

It certainly seems like they've injected some much-needed new interest into the whole thing.
Mon 15/04/02 at 12:47
Regular
"Touched!"
I'm also a pretty big TR fan and from some of the pics i've seen it looks pretty damn good! i hope it does revovle around stealth more as i think it would be a change and also give the game a bit more excitement, i'm pleased with that what i've seen so far, i hope they include some good puzzles as well thought, thats what made the first few so good!
Mon 15/04/02 at 12:50
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
WòókieeMøn§??® wrote:
> From what I've read so far, I am extremely interested in the next Tomb
> Raider. The game seems heavily influenced by MGS1 & 2 with the
> stealth elements, and actually has a proper storyline.
>
> > It certainly seems like they've injected some much-needed new interest
> into the whole thing.

Then maybe I will be interested in the this next version, I found the first versions tedious, but if they have taken elements of MGS with a decent storey line it maybe woth getting, we will have to wait and see. When is it meant to be released?
Mon 15/04/02 at 12:50
"High polygon count"
November - as is the standard with Tomb Raider games! :-)
Mon 15/04/02 at 14:02
Regular
"not dead"
I take it you may not have read this then:

A possible leak from an internal source at Core has forced Eidos to reveal some shocking news regarding Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness, which they had previously planned to keep covered up until E3, and it may come as something of a shock to fans of the series.

Lara Croft has undergone a major surgical overhaul, and from now on will have three breasts.

You may not believe this, and look back to the screens and video shown last month, but apparently this was to cover up the shocking change, and simply used an old character model.

Having seen the tri-breasted Lara, I can honestly say she looks amazing, though it's possible that the size of the breasts has had to be reduced in order to fit them all on. Also, they all seem to move quite separately from each other, possibly the most realistic breasticle movements yet seen in a game, other than the fact that there are three of them.

You may remember that Lara seem to die at the end of an earlier Tomb Raider game. Well this is all linked to her gaining an extra breast, how exactly I don't yet know, but more is expected to be revealed at E3, when this whole story was supposed to come out and shock the gaming world.

Upon asking why this change was made, lead designer on the project Ike Turner had the following to say. "We wanted to give fans of the series something different. Lara has always been there, and has evolved, but we thought that her Playstation 2 debut should give gamers something really different. That said the structure of the game hasn't altered a great deal, we know what the fans like, and we're hoping they'll like a little more breast!"

It's sure to turn some heads when released next year, that's for sure, and it could well have a huge impact on the gaming world. Already a spokesperson for Rare Randall Hopkirk has revealed that Perfect Dark Zero may follow suit with a graphical makeover. "This revelation has shocked us all here at Rare. We were hoping that what we had done with Joanna Dark for the new game would put her firmly in top place amongst female gaming characters, but now we're not so sure. We're looking at different ways we can make changes, and it's quite possible we could add an extra bottom."

Whatever the outcome, I'm sure both games will be absolute corkers, and I can't wait to see more of them!
Mon 15/04/02 at 14:05
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
Lol - thanks for that Meka....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.