GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hey all console lovers and website enthusiasts read! A wicked Idea!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 17:09
Regular
Hey i thought i would post this in here as most people sho come to this forum obviously like web design, site running in some way.

Well i think that the people of the boards should make a massssssive gaming site! Im talking PS2,PSX,X-Box,DC,GC,GBC,GBA,PC,Gadgets and so-on, i have the domain PS2-Portal.com so that could be used for the site and anyone else who has a gaming related domain could use them towards this if they arent getting much use.

We could easily get enough reviewers, previewers and people to write columns and so on and i would be happy to lead a team of designers to make and run the site. If we got a big staff base we could make the site huge.

What do you all think? Ask questions in this topic. If you are definetly interested in helping email: [email protected]

BTW we would host it on freeola, coz its free! :)

Get Back to me and tell me what you all think!
Wed 17/04/02 at 13:31
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Well I can program HTML with my eyes closed..
Sun 14/04/02 at 22:10
Regular
Hmm, the community thing sounds like a good idea, i could go for a piece of that. Can't guarantee a lot of time though, i have uni stuff to take care of too. But i have some time spare.
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:33
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Trust me, they sound fun but after a few days they become a right pain in the a**e.
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:07
Ok then ill open a new Topic called Community Site Ideas all read. Then we can sort out who will do what and what it will contain.

Ok, all reply!
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:02
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Yes I will. I like to do that for fun, too.
Sun 14/04/02 at 20:00
Ok that community idea sounds good, i would be vey happy to run it with people, however it should still contain reviews and stuff!

All you that say Gaming sites are saturated or woteva, im not trying to make a site to conquer the world! I like to run and make sites for fun!

So would you all help with the community idea?!?!?
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:59
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Yes, I agree with Reaper [Ov], although I do think this one is a good idea.
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:33
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Point. However, I'd go with Garin's idea...carrying on the whole community thing, just a small site about us and so on, wouldn't need much maintenance and would help us get to know each other - and know who to ask about certain topics.
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I think it's a crap idea. On the Internet, something's only worth doing if you're going to be the best at it. The gaming site market is well and truly saturated. Plus those kind of site need loads of maintainence.
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:11
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Garin, like a srwebtech.co.uk thing?? lol

We had that idea, but lack of time prevented me from making a real contribution, not sure about the others who were working on it though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.