GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hey all console lovers and website enthusiasts read! A wicked Idea!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 17:09
Regular
Hey i thought i would post this in here as most people sho come to this forum obviously like web design, site running in some way.

Well i think that the people of the boards should make a massssssive gaming site! Im talking PS2,PSX,X-Box,DC,GC,GBC,GBA,PC,Gadgets and so-on, i have the domain PS2-Portal.com so that could be used for the site and anyone else who has a gaming related domain could use them towards this if they arent getting much use.

We could easily get enough reviewers, previewers and people to write columns and so on and i would be happy to lead a team of designers to make and run the site. If we got a big staff base we could make the site huge.

What do you all think? Ask questions in this topic. If you are definetly interested in helping email: [email protected]

BTW we would host it on freeola, coz its free! :)

Get Back to me and tell me what you all think!
Sun 14/04/02 at 17:09
Hey i thought i would post this in here as most people sho come to this forum obviously like web design, site running in some way.

Well i think that the people of the boards should make a massssssive gaming site! Im talking PS2,PSX,X-Box,DC,GC,GBC,GBA,PC,Gadgets and so-on, i have the domain PS2-Portal.com so that could be used for the site and anyone else who has a gaming related domain could use them towards this if they arent getting much use.

We could easily get enough reviewers, previewers and people to write columns and so on and i would be happy to lead a team of designers to make and run the site. If we got a big staff base we could make the site huge.

What do you all think? Ask questions in this topic. If you are definetly interested in helping email: [email protected]

BTW we would host it on freeola, coz its free! :)

Get Back to me and tell me what you all think!
Sun 14/04/02 at 17:35
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting in on this..I'm a pretty good reviewer..

Very poor designer/coder though :)
Sun 14/04/02 at 18:13
Good, im hoping for some more replys so i can get started on the design, and get a team together.

I think this would be a great idea and would be a good fansite with a professional feel!
Sun 14/04/02 at 18:36
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Got any URLs of previous websites?

Working on one at the moment, and yes, I know its crap, and I'm not claiming its good, So Gar-J, if you read this post, just p155 off.

www.geocities.com/UK_PCgurus

The most dodgy bit is my pic in the about section :)
Sun 14/04/02 at 18:37
Regular
"Devil in disguise"
Not to sound negative but...
The web is absolutely saturated with gaming sites, on that basis they are quite hard to generate traffic to especially since you really have trouble competing with some of the major sites in terms of content/news etc.. You'd be essentially creating a rival to SR's family of sites too.
Of course thats if you wanted to create a site to be successful, theres obviously other reasons to do it like for the fun of it. :)

If I might steal your thread a moment for an alternative suggestion...
How about a community site for this forum? Lots of potential for stuff, profiles of people with portfolios, articles on how to do stuff, resources on the web, listings of people eg willing to do work (websites, logo design) for free and so on...
Given that its to SR's benefit too, you might even persuade them to donate a domain. :)

-G
Sun 14/04/02 at 18:57
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Darkness_2K wrote:
> Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting in on this..I'm a pretty good
> reviewer..
>
> Very poor designer/coder though :)

I'm quite the opposite!
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:11
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Garin, like a srwebtech.co.uk thing?? lol

We had that idea, but lack of time prevented me from making a real contribution, not sure about the others who were working on it though.
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:31
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
I think it's a crap idea. On the Internet, something's only worth doing if you're going to be the best at it. The gaming site market is well and truly saturated. Plus those kind of site need loads of maintainence.
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:33
Regular
"Psytrance junkie"
Point. However, I'd go with Garin's idea...carrying on the whole community thing, just a small site about us and so on, wouldn't need much maintenance and would help us get to know each other - and know who to ask about certain topics.
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:59
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
Yes, I agree with Reaper [Ov], although I do think this one is a good idea.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.