GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"DVD REGION FREE"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 15:41
Regular
Is there a problem with Blaze' Dvd Region Free and Sony's official dvd remote? I can't get em to work with each other :( Can anyone help me on this??

cheers
Thu 18/04/02 at 12:29
hehe, I was just been a fussy git anyway, sorry fella :)
Thu 18/04/02 at 12:20
Milenko wrote:
> Yeah, that was a bundle with a seperate stand-alone DVD player that
> you could buy anywhere, it had nothing specific to do with the
> dreamcast.

- ooooops, sorry mate, my fault; just read my post and yes it does sound like I'm suggesting the console played the DVDs! (now that really would've been magic!! lol) I meant the Dreamcast (as in the WHOLE package) had a DVD player (Encore 450) which, without an RGB scart, played Region 1 DVDs perfectly well.

My confusion is that yesterday I learnt my TV set isn't NTSC compatible, so I still don't uderstand how the Region 1 DVDs worked!?!? Will they work with my PS2 once I get the Datel Region X???

Sorry for even more confusion lol,

cheers
Thu 18/04/02 at 11:30
Yeah, that was a bundle with a seperate stand-alone DVD player that you could buy anywhere, it had nothing specific to do with the dreamcast.
Thu 18/04/02 at 11:27
Regular
"Bah"
Thanks for the help ppl i will try region one with my normal lead
Thu 18/04/02 at 11:25
Milenko wrote:
> The Dreamcast DVD player must have been magic since it didn't exist :)
> you could play pirated and converted vcd's on dreamcast though.

- sorry mate but you are misinformed - the Deamcast Package was Dreamcast console plus "separate" Encore 450 DVD player; it certianly did play Region 1 DVDs :-)
Thu 18/04/02 at 11:13
The Dreamcast DVD player must have been magic since it didn't exist :) you could play pirated and converted vcd's on dreamcast though.
Thu 18/04/02 at 11:08
bananamanUK wrote:
> K, this is my setup. I have the regular AV lead that came with my PS2
> which is connected to my TV thro scart adaptor thingy, and thats it. I
> play R1 discs this way, using Region X - NO green screen to be seen.

- I agree with that; I really dont think an RGB scart is essential.
When I had my Dreamcast I simply used the leads whihc it came with and my Region 1 DVDs worked fine! I've just sent off for the Datel Region X and I'm hoping the result will be the same.. but get this....

... yesterday I found out my TV set ISN'T NTSC compatible, yet my Region 1 DVDs played with no problem!?!?!?! - I'm now TOTALLY confused!
Is it becasue the Dreamcast DVD player was magic!?!? lol I hope the PS2 player does the same!!!

cheers
Wed 17/04/02 at 22:46
Also my PS2 goes into a 5.1 amp via optical so I cant help you on the audio bit. I actually believe that the Region X is coded in such a way as to stop the green screen problem using RGB scart cable.
Wed 17/04/02 at 22:43
K, this is my setup. I have the regular AV lead that came with my PS2 which is connected to my TV thro scart adaptor thingy, and thats it. I play R1 discs this way, using Region X - NO green screen to be seen.

hope this helps
Tue 16/04/02 at 20:26
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Lets see if anyone of you can answer my question:

My TV is not NTSC compatable. But for my birthday im getting a new Tv that is. I already have Region X for my PS2 (Thank you PSi2 magazine) so thats sorted. But I hear you need some different scart lead thing to play the Region 1 movies in full colour. I have a speaker system for my PS2 (A bit like soundstation) which came with a new scart that connected the speakers to my PS2 and Tv. Will this scart play the DVD's in full colour? If not, and I have to buy a new scart, will I be able to get one which connects to speakers aswell as tv?

Can anyone help?
Does anyone know what im talking about?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.