GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whats the point of pre-ordering when..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 14/04/02 at 13:09
Regular
What is the point of pre-ordering a console that you want on day of release when you find out you have to wait two extra weeks because their out of stock!

I am of course talking about Special Reserve, Pre-ordered my cube 6 weeks ago and got nothing through the post.
On friday i recieve the confirmation letter where i have to choose my bundle and pay it off when the man says i won't be able to get it for another 2 weeks!

you pay a £20 deposit to avoid things like that, and it's not on!
so i told the bloke he can shove my pre-order up his a.ss and give me all my deposit back, and i set off down-town to my local games rental shop, "Choices".
usually choices are a huge rip-off but when i saw a gamecube, 2 games of my choice and 2 official pads for £250 and a promised may 3rd pick up, i realised that is he best deal i've seen all i need is a memory card for £15 and thats £265, but if you get the jedi bundle with and extra game (the same as that deal with the memory card) it costs £275, so i've realised how exspensive special reserve can be.

P.S i'm getting 5 games with my cube, Wave Race, Rogue Leader, ISS2, Smash bros. (when it's out) but i can't decide out of the final two! Luigi's Mansion or Super Monkey Ball, some one help!
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:09
What is the point of pre-ordering a console that you want on day of release when you find out you have to wait two extra weeks because their out of stock!

I am of course talking about Special Reserve, Pre-ordered my cube 6 weeks ago and got nothing through the post.
On friday i recieve the confirmation letter where i have to choose my bundle and pay it off when the man says i won't be able to get it for another 2 weeks!

you pay a £20 deposit to avoid things like that, and it's not on!
so i told the bloke he can shove my pre-order up his a.ss and give me all my deposit back, and i set off down-town to my local games rental shop, "Choices".
usually choices are a huge rip-off but when i saw a gamecube, 2 games of my choice and 2 official pads for £250 and a promised may 3rd pick up, i realised that is he best deal i've seen all i need is a memory card for £15 and thats £265, but if you get the jedi bundle with and extra game (the same as that deal with the memory card) it costs £275, so i've realised how exspensive special reserve can be.

P.S i'm getting 5 games with my cube, Wave Race, Rogue Leader, ISS2, Smash bros. (when it's out) but i can't decide out of the final two! Luigi's Mansion or Super Monkey Ball, some one help!
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:12
Regular
"One More Chance"
Well abit over a month is not that long ago. If you really wanted it on release day you should of pre ordered it in September or August like me.
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:14
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
The game you choose is your own personal taste so it's up to you really, however I'm getting Luigi's Mansion with mine.

I pre oredered mine the other day and it cost me £169.99, a fiver more than expected but they was the only shop that would guarantee a May 3rd pick up.

I'm getting two games with mine, Star Wars and Luigi's Mansion, I've also already got Pikmin ordered, huzzah!
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:15
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:17
"I've also already got Pikmin ordered, huzzah!"

pikmin does look well class!
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:20
Regular
I'm gonna go for Luigis Mansion with mine, but if you'd rather have addictive arcade action, go for Super Monkey Ball.
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:21
Regular
"One More Chance"
Well im going to get Super Monkey Ball. Andy get on MSN!
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:26
i think i'll Super Monkey Ball because luigi is men't to be well short, and super monkey ball is men't to be addictive as *
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:30
Regular
"One More Chance"
A word of advice, if you dont want to get banned I would stop swearing.
Sun 14/04/02 at 13:33
Too True

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.