GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Christmas Sales"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 27/12/07 at 22:26
"possibly impossible"
Bloomin' eck, they've started already.

That was my response when I saw the ads on my email for sales on Christmas eve. Soon we'll be having them in July.

And, probably due to my visting far too many games retail sites, many of the emails were about Games sales.

I was pleasantly surprised by the offers, too. Ok, so some of the games (Transformers and Spider-man 3 in particular) were on sale for good reason, it's the only way to shift them, but Assassin's Creed for £30? Nice. Plenty of other bargains to be had too.

Of course, I happen to have spent all my money I was due for Christmas on a 360 HD Drive, but I'm still tempted to delve into my emergency fund (which really exists to pay back what I already owe, so I shouldn't).

Anyone else managed to snag a bargain in the sales?
Wed 13/02/08 at 09:28
"possibly impossible"
Thanks for that, I may well pop in at lunch time and see if they have any.
Tue 12/02/08 at 23:19
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Viva Pinata is at £10 again in Argos and Halo 3 is £25 at the same place.
Thu 10/01/08 at 20:08
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
i found the darkness for ps3 at game for £17.99
Sun 06/01/08 at 12:25
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
i have the sims 2 and some of the add ons, tend to pick them up for a fiver here and there. good game, kills a few hours on the road with the laptop
Sun 06/01/08 at 11:46
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Dragonlance wrote:
> PC Gamer Jan 2008 gave it 83% but annoying

Yeah probably not the best game to play if you're in a really bad mood.
Sun 06/01/08 at 10:50
Regular
I went a bought a laptop.. some clothes from next as I got next vouchers for christmas off my dads side... and bought a couple of games... specifically the sims 2 addons anyone else like the sims? I'm addicted =) and the sims 3 is out next year... however I wont be buying unless its really good and convinces me =) because there is enough already on the sims 2.
Sat 05/01/08 at 23:02
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
Went and bought Worms: Open Warfare 2 and Sims Castaway today, 11 quid for Worms and 15 for Sims, bargains. Well worth the 5 minute look in the shop.
Sat 05/01/08 at 19:00
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Silent Thunder wrote:

>Argoose have Viva Pinata for a tenner now so I'll probably pick up a copy and find out what it's like. Is there a bad reason why it's so cheap though?

PC Gamer Jan 2008 gave it 83% but annoying - I'll leave it up to you to decide but for a tenner, can't be bad...
Sat 05/01/08 at 18:51
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
pb wrote:
> Damn, I bet Argos run out before I get back.

Just checked and it's gone to £24.99 now. :( I knew I shouldn't have hesitated.
Sat 05/01/08 at 18:47
Regular
They have some sick Globes on Amazon for about £12.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.