GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"EmailPro outage ..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/06/18 at 18:29
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

13:57 09/06/2018
The issue has potentially be identified and engineers are due at the data centre shortly to attempt to rectify as this cannot be done remotely.

Has anyone arrived yet?

Any idea when messages may start to begin to flow ... ?
Mon 11/06/18 at 15:15
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks Eccles :¬)
Mon 11/06/18 at 08:05
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Really sorry everyone. We spent the whole weekend in the data centre fixing this. In the end it was a duplexing problem with the transit provider, hence the weird symptoms, random bursting of traffic etc. I tried to post as many updates as I could but was trying to concentrate on getting the problem fixed. I will accept that the probably wasn't 'minor'! We will keep a close eye on it as normal traffic levels return today.
Sun 10/06/18 at 18:40
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sh**e off a shovel ... rocket-fuelled emails:¬D Thanks Freeola :¬)
Sun 10/06/18 at 14:10
Regular
Mine (& my wife's) have been coming through too since about 12:15. However, I don't get that many emails at the weekend so I can't tell how reliable it is yet. I am worried that it might deteriorate tomorrow when the volume picks up.
Sun 10/06/18 at 13:40
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

nialled wrote:
What I am surprised by is that Freeola only consider this to be a 'minor' fault. I appreciate that it can take time to isolate this sort of problem but don't 'play it down'.

Have to agree with you on that one:¬)

On a good note, email service seems to be back up and running ... just had emails to all my accounts :¬)
Sun 10/06/18 at 11:42
Regular
I had a few emails 'drip' through in the early hours of Sunday morning but there are still a lot missing. None of my wife's emails have come through since Saturday morning. Curiously, some do appear our phones. I am wondering if it has anything to do with the phones using SSL (port 995) while the computers are not (port 110) but that feels like a long shot even to me.

With regards to webmail, I have found that if I wait long enough (20 min or so) it does eventually show my emails.

What I am surprised by is that Freeola only consider this to be a 'minor' fault. I appreciate that it can take time to isolate this sort of problem but don't 'play it down'.
Sun 10/06/18 at 11:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

Webbozen wrote:
Anyone know when will this be resolved as I cannot send or receive emails on several accounts. I also cannot access the webmail for these either which is really messing things up.. I have had no problems over many years with Freeola but this is causing me a real headache.

Hi Webbozen ... you are not alone ... Network Status page has this new 'status' ...

09:44 10/06/2018
Engineers are due onsite again today as early work has not rectified the problem. All cabling is now going to be checked. This may take some time.

Probably won't answer any of your questions, but we can only sit and wait :¬(
Sun 10/06/18 at 10:05
Regular
Anyone know when will this be resolved as I cannot send or receive emails on several accounts. I also cannot access the webmail for these either which is really messing things up.. I have had no problems over many years with Freeola but this is causing me a real headache.
Sat 09/06/18 at 23:38
Regular
"Feather edged ..."

nialled wrote:
I am still having a lot of problems getting into webmail and hardly any messages seem to be flowing out on POP3 at the moment (23:33 09/06/18)

Take heart nialled ... you and thousands more, let's hope it's sorted very soon ;¬)

Welcome to the Forums anyway :¬)
Sat 09/06/18 at 23:33
Regular
I am still having a lot of problems getting into webmail and hardly any messages seem to be flowing out on POP3 at the moment (23:33 09/06/18)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.