GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New Freeola BB connection - quick query"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 26/03/18 at 16:00
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
As you know (via online chat etc.) I'm just about to order a new Freeola BB connection for a relative.
Previously they were with the standard ADSL via Entanet package at £19.99pm.

I'm just checking that the latest £15.95 package is compatible with all the normal Freeola goodies? Standard hosting access and email etc. that I'm used to. I thought it was worth asking as you market things slightly differently.

The new line number has only just popped up in BT's database so your broadband checker is currently stuck 'checking details'.
Hopefully things will have moved on by the morning and I'll be able to place the order.

Thanks.
Hmmm...

Post edited by Hmmm... on 26/03/2018 at 16:01.
Wed 04/04/18 at 17:51
"Are you sure?"

Hmmm... wrote:
Thanks for your help (offline) with this Eccles.
I'm happy and all sorted - the new ADSL connection goes live on Wednesday.
Thanks.
Hmmm...

Update on 'my' new Freeola broadband connection.
'Now live' email received at lunchtime - updated router with the new Freeola credentials and *bang* away we go :¬)

Not down to Freeola I know - but line stats look good and better than anticipated ATM.
Hmmm...
Tue 03/04/18 at 12:26
"Are you sure?"
Thanks - I won't start panicking yet!

Hmmm...
Mon 02/04/18 at 18:47
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"

Hmmm... wrote:
Hi Tony,
After many years (19 years for me) enjoying Freeola's services, as things appear to be changing could you also explain the way forward for customers that have many domains registered with Freeola and are using your standard (free with Freeola xDSL) hosting?

Can you also confirm that when I renew a domain (I renew quite a few each month) that means the renewal comes with 2 more years of hosting? Things need to be VERY clear if this should ever change as lots of customers will be used to how things work - changing some small print on page 8 of the terms would be hard to spot ;¬)

Also for customers such as me, when I register further domains with Freeola (as I often do!) will I have the same hosting options that I'm used to available to me? i.e. I'm using Freeola as I like the current registration/hosting setup.

To be more transparent this would have worked better as a new forum post...
Hopefully the changes (if I understand them correctly?!) won't impact long term 'legacy' customers like me?
Thanks,
Hmmm...

Just like any other company, our offers do vary from time to time and may not last forever. We do not have any plans at present to move people off of the legacy broadband tariffs, but we are likely to approach those on older tariffs where we feel it would be in there interest to take up one of the new tariffs. In a competitive broadband market we think our unlimited broadband with the added value of £12 back in services of your choice is quite a good deal, particularly for those likely to use the services. It's ideal for a small company of people, for example. We also consider Freeola Email and Web Hosting to be solid, reliable, good value services in their own right and well worth the subscription per domain. Recently we have introduced One Address to provide basic email services free with every domain we sell and One Address also applies retrospectively to all previous domains registered. And of course, all domains from GetDotted have a free one page web site complete with builder to enable its design.

So the short answer is, that while you cannot buy the legacy broadband package now, we will try to look after our long term customers where possible, especially our favourites like you!

Must go now because my son wants to use the phone (yes we do still offer dial-up!)

Post edited by Tony on 02/04/2018 at 18:50.

Post edited by Tony on 02/04/2018 at 18:51.

Post edited by Tony on 02/04/2018 at 19:56.
Mon 02/04/18 at 10:31
"Are you sure?"

Tony wrote:
Dear Hmmm
Thank you for explaining the matter.

The first line is correct as we still offer free unlimited webspace if you choose that from your £12 back.
The second line is confusing and does not appear to have been updated since the changes to our broadband offers. So I will have it updated on Tuesday. Our guys will go over the site again and check for anything misleading.

Regards
Tony
Post edited by Tony on 01/04/2018 at 13:52.

Hi Tony,
After many years (19 years for me) enjoying Freeola's services, as things appear to be changing could you also explain the way forward for customers that have many domains registered with Freeola and are using your standard (free with Freeola xDSL) hosting?

Can you also confirm that when I renew a domain (I renew quite a few each month) that means the renewal comes with 2 more years of hosting? Things need to be VERY clear if this should ever change as lots of customers will be used to how things work - changing some small print on page 8 of the terms would be hard to spot ;¬)

Also for customers such as me, when I register further domains with Freeola (as I often do!) will I have the same hosting options that I'm used to available to me? i.e. I'm using Freeola as I like the current registration/hosting setup.

To be more transparent this would have worked better as a new forum post...
Hopefully the changes (if I understand them correctly?!) won't impact long term 'legacy' customers like me?
Thanks,
Hmmm...

Sun 01/04/18 at 13:22
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"

Hmmm... wrote:

Can you check this page https://freeola.com/free-web-site/ is still current as I'm still trying to work out what's what?

"FREE Web Space (Unlimited) free with freeola internet
Get free access to unlimited hosting via freeola broadband or dial-up"

Over the years I've helped out many confused new-comers with their hosting queries - so it feels strange that I'm now feeling a bit lost myself :¬)

Thanks.
Hmmm...

Post edited by Hmmm... on 30/03/2018 at 10:19.

Dear Hmmm

Thank you for explaining the matter.

The first line is correct as we still offer free unlimited webspace if you choose that from your £12 back.
The second line is confusing and does not appear to have been updated since the changes to our broadband offers. So I will have it updated on Tuesday. Our guys will go over the site again and check for anything misleading.

Regards

Tony

Post edited by Tony on 01/04/2018 at 13:52.
Sun 01/04/18 at 08:06
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hi,

Would you mind popping a ticket on for this as I'm not around this week. It probably just needs the text updating.
Fri 30/03/18 at 10:03
"Are you sure?"

Can you check this page https://freeola.com/free-web-site/ is still current as I'm still trying to work out what's what?

"FREE Web Space (Unlimited) free with freeola internet
Get free access to unlimited hosting via freeola broadband or dial-up"

Over the years I've helped out many confused new-comers with their hosting queries - so it feels strange that I'm now feeling a bit lost myself :¬)

Thanks.
Hmmm...

Post edited by Hmmm... on 30/03/2018 at 10:19.
Tue 27/03/18 at 09:07
"Are you sure?"
Arh!!!

I had a feeling something had changed.
I should have looked at this earlier.

The only reason I'm signing my relative up to Freeola is for the free services that I'm used to!

Their phone line and calls went to another provider as you know (they needed calls) and I was hoping to have this as a contingency line for accessing my Freeola hosted sites for emergencies - which has worked well in the past at their previous address.

Are you saying that I won't be able to use FTP to access my sites?

All the trouble we went to trying for a 'simultaneous' line order looks like it was a waste and I could have had BB up and running when the line went live :¬(

Hmmm...
Tue 27/03/18 at 08:44
Staff Moderator
"Aargh! Broken..."
Hi Hmmm...,
Our current broadband offers have changed slightly. You now get £12 to use against VIP hosting, InstantPro and EmailPro each month. New connections no longer have access to the free unlimited hosting and sending of email via the free servers.
If you have a new connection and subscribe to one or more of the above services then we will take off up to £12 automatically each month so you get them for free.
Mon 26/03/18 at 16:00
"Are you sure?"
Hi Freeola,
As you know (via online chat etc.) I'm just about to order a new Freeola BB connection for a relative.
Previously they were with the standard ADSL via Entanet package at £19.99pm.

I'm just checking that the latest £15.95 package is compatible with all the normal Freeola goodies? Standard hosting access and email etc. that I'm used to. I thought it was worth asking as you market things slightly differently.

The new line number has only just popped up in BT's database so your broadband checker is currently stuck 'checking details'.
Hopefully things will have moved on by the morning and I'll be able to place the order.

Thanks.
Hmmm...

Post edited by Hmmm... on 26/03/2018 at 16:01.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.