GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ADSL Modems?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/04/02 at 16:27
Regular
I ordered Pipex ADSL on Sunday, and it should be activated by Friday.

I was intending to purchase the Dabs 'value' PCI ADSL modem, which was only £50, but they have now sold out, and will not get any more for 1-2 weeks.

I was wondering if anyone knew where else I could get a decent ADSL modem from, for under £90?

QXL have a 'buy now' feature on an 'Efficient Networks' PCI modem (£50)
Efficient Networks have just been bought out by Siemens, but I dont know if this modem is any good :)

Please help, Dan
Mon 22/04/02 at 22:46
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
i ment router with built in hub D'oh

just to clear that up
Wed 17/04/02 at 20:25
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Every cloud eh? :)
Wed 17/04/02 at 19:43
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Ah well. With the money I'll be refunded for my modem, I'll have even more money at the end of the month to upgrade my PC!!
Wed 17/04/02 at 18:40
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
Sorry to hear that mate. I came from AOL, and my God was it crap!

I got a confirmation from Pipex on 16/04 saying

'BT has confirmed a date for line activation - you're line should be ready for use some time on 15/04/02'

I got the email a day after the job was done :)

The first estimate was Friday, so I got it 5 days early ;)

Ordered my modem from Ebay. Nice PCI from Efficient networks. Cant wait now :) Sent cheque today, hopefully I'll be surfing early next week..
Wed 17/04/02 at 17:45
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Well phoned up Pipex this afternoon to confirm the situation and will now be sending my modem back tomorrow :(
Back on AOL I go....
Tue 16/04/02 at 16:21
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
So much for a few months over...

BT has confirmed ADSLisation (sorry!) of my line. thats THREE days before estimated. Now I really need this modem :)
Sun 14/04/02 at 23:20
Regular
"How Handy."
Hm, I think he means a router, though i should point out that not all router's have built in hubs, mine doesnt..
Sun 14/04/02 at 19:13
Regular
"PC Gaming Founder"
Modem with built-in hub? Do you mean a router?
Sun 14/04/02 at 17:40
Regular
"Ninty's best friend"
i got a modem with built in hub but can't remember where i got it now but doesn't matter,

i went with pipex and i got mine activated 2 days before they said it would :)
Sun 14/04/02 at 08:15
Regular
"Sanity is for loser"
You lucky, lucky man Andi :)

I hope I am too, BT was *very* quick getting my line installed, lets hope they do the same with activation.

Oh, and I've decided on the SpeedStream (Efficient Networks/Siemens) PCI modem. £60 with a filter and free shipping from Ebay

Thanks for everyones help, and I hope to God I dont have to put up with this 56k for much longer!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.